LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > General Discussions

Unread 03-12-2005, 03:49 PM   #1
policeluger
RIP

Default Ed and Terry Tinker

The Tinkers have lost their home and several of their pets, most of their belongs to a house fire.....please pray for them....Ed is of course off the internet, I have his cell # but he is very upset, busy and just not with it right now....PL
policeluger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2005, 04:13 PM   #2
Navy
RIP

Thanks for letting us know. They will be in my thoughts and prayers. Is there anything that we can do to assist from afar?

Tom A.
Navy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2005, 04:28 PM   #3
policeluger
RIP

I also wished I know how to help at this time and from such distance, he is very upset over loosing the pets, if anyone in his area had a litter of kittens, I would surly pay for one and give it to them....
Unread 03-12-2005, 05:45 PM   #4
lugerholsterrepair
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 3,099 Times in 1,426 Posts

Gentlemen, Tom speaks of assistance and I am a man of action.

Ed and Terry will need something....I don't care what it is but something insurance will not cover. It might be something they need it might be something they want.

I propose to hold a raffle and advertise it on both Forums.

Ellie and I will put up a Genuine Krieghoff loading tool, Eagle 2.
As well, we will be offering a set of complete Artillery leathers made by me in my shop. Your choice of color, light brown, dark brown or black, cream or orange linen thread. That will be everything except the holster and stock. Includes: Carry strap and steel studs, boot and keeper strap, toe strap , top closure strap, four brass washers & screws and the large steel washer and screw to attach the boot keeper strap and toe strap to the wrist of the stock. This will all be made with steel hand hammered rivets and studs. Just as the Germans would have done at the turn of the Century. A real Museum piece even if I do say so. I will even fit the whole thing to your stock and holster if you wish to send it to me.

(If you want to see photos of either of these items, either email me or volunteer to post them on here!)

There will be two (2) winners in this raffle. The first ticket drawn out of a coffee can will get first choice. The second ticket drawn gets the remaining prize. Any ticket buyer will have TWO chances to win!

I am using movie tickets that are numbered...I have 80 of them. I know that out of the thousands of members both Forums have we can sell all 80 tickets.

I will not complicate this as I want it to happen as soon as possible. Ed and Terry might need some quick cash. It will run for ten days only. However many tickets I can sell in ten days will be what Ed and Terry will receive minus any Pay Pal expenses. Ellie and I are donating these two items totally free as our way of saying thanks for the many years of help Ed has given us all.

You can send the price of a ticket, $20.00 by pay pal or send it quick by snail mail. Check or money order if fine by me!

Pay Pal.... magicbelle@yahoo.com Include all pertinent contact information.

(Once Paypal notifies me of receipt of payment, I will send you a confirmation, I will attach 1/2 a ticket to the paypal notice, and put the other 1/2 in the coffee can; therefore it will be a "blind drawing".)

If you send a donation for a ticket via snail mail; the same thing will happen, however please include your email address so that I can notifiy you that I have received payment!

Snail Mail Address: J. Burney, 13320 45th Lane, Yuma, AZ 85367
Please indicate that this is for the "Ed/Terry Tinker Drawing". Include all pertinent contact information.

I hope all of you know me well enough to know I would run this honestly. My reputation is worth more than what little this will bring in for Ed and Terry.

So, let the raffle begin! Scrape up 20 bucks and try to win one of these great prizes! Even if you are not a winner you will know you gave to a great cause.

The drawing will be 4PM Mountain time on March 22nd.

Thanks, Jerry & Ellie Burney[B]

Yuma AZ 85367-6182

lugerholsterrepair@earthlink.net

928 342-7583 (CO & AZ) Year Round
719 207-3331 (cell)

"For those who Fight For It, Life has a flavor the protected will never know."
lugerholsterrepair is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2005, 05:55 PM   #5
policeluger
RIP

WOW total great idea, I will send a small package Monday with my check for several chances and an original unmarked loading tool you can use as third place if that is OK with you...Yhank you so much for this!
Unread 03-12-2005, 06:33 PM   #6
Nomadr
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

What state do they live in? Anything else I can do? Please let me know!
Bob
Nomadr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2005, 07:51 PM   #7
the gunman
User

Jerry what a wouderful thing you are doing. I emailed your PayPal for 2 tickets.
the gunman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2005, 08:12 PM   #8
lugerholsterrepair
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 3,099 Times in 1,426 Posts

Gunman, Thanks. If you spend much time on either Forum you immediately realize Ed is almost the first to welcome newbies and is ever there to offer an opinion or help in some way. I can't imagine how many hours he spends helping others on these Forums.
Now it's time for our "Band of Brothers" to help back.

Now it seems that Howard is offering another prize. Thanks Howard! " an original unmarked loading tool ." Therefore, anyone purchasing a ticket will have three chances to win.

I have already had cash donations and promises of ticket purchases as well as the offer of a third prize...Get your 20 bucks in as fast as you can.

I will keep everyone posted on whats going on....Jerry Burney

Yuma AZ 85367-6182

lugerholsterrepair@earthlink.net

928 342-7583 (CO & AZ) Year Round
719 207-3331 (cell)

"For those who Fight For It, Life has a flavor the protected will never know."
lugerholsterrepair is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2005, 08:18 PM   #9
policeluger
RIP

Nomadr......Castle Rock area of Colorado
Unread 03-12-2005, 09:05 PM   #10
trigger643
User

I live only a few miles from Ed and Terry in Littleton. But I don't know how to contact them (I misplaced Ed's cel#). They are welcome at my home. Can someone pass this on? my # is 303-949-1750. I am sorry I wasn't aware of this catastrophy. I've eats and a place to sleep, guns to fondle and a couple of dogs to annouy. My bride and I would be pleased if they contact us and we do have room, please pass this on or get me a number and I will contact them directly... Glen

trigger643 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2005, 10:02 PM   #11
policeluger
RIP

Check your PM
Unread 03-12-2005, 10:27 PM   #12
John D.
Administrator
& Site Owner
LugerForum
Patron

This is a wonderful thread... I've always wanted to "pay it forward" to someone, like Ed - who tirelessly give to this Forum and Jan's Forum.

So - to the raffle, I'll add an HK magazine to go with Jerry's loading tool (I have no idea which one yet) and a copy of Mr. Gibson's "Kreighoff Parabellum".

As well - I reserve the right to add more prizes to the pot.

I wish I could do more - except to thank Howard, Jerry and all the folks for their support and this thread...

John D.
John D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2005, 10:39 PM   #13
John D.
Administrator
& Site Owner
LugerForum
Patron

OK - I just decided.....

If the raffle reaches $3000 or more - then I'll donate this RIG to the winner. It will need to go to your FFL or to a C&R (I'll pay shipping):
http://forum.lugerforum.com/showthre...=&postid=58020

I wish I could do more.

Jerry - please keep me posted on the total, in private.

John D.
John D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2005, 10:46 PM   #14
champ7fc
User

wonderful idea , I will have a check for two tickets in the mail to you on Monday morning.
Craig
Unread 03-12-2005, 11:07 PM   #15
policeluger
RIP

Jerry you may need to extend the deadline so as to get all the donations lined out, I will send the tool out Monday and send $60 for three chances
Unread 03-12-2005, 11:23 PM   #16
lew1
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

There is one bright aspect for which to be thankful --- which is --- Ed and Terry were not killed or injured.
Unread 03-12-2005, 11:32 PM   #17
Edward Tinker
Super Moderator
Eternal Lifer
LugerForum
Patron

Thanked 4,500 Times in 2,076 Posts

boy...

I can't say enough... Of course my first impression is to say no...

Howard, we found two of our cats alive, hiding in the garage, one mid-day, the other 9PM... The other two dogs (my wife is a 20 yr long Vet Tech, and that is why we have so many animals...)

All guns are safe, I had them locked up... The firemen were wonderful, as were the cops, neighbors... Damn, I feel lucky, depressed but lucky...

Insurance will take care of most things, we bought new clothes yesterday evening, I had Jan Stills books in the living room, and I grabbed them. They stunk the pick up so bad, it was horrible... They say they can fix most things, and remove the smell, and hopefully specifically books..

Anyway, thanks guys, I really don't think I can accept anything, but that is my pride and I imagine John can convince me otherwise...

Ed

PS: Glen, staying at a friends, he has a large house, is out of town, and I can keep my animals here, and live the basement while they repair my house, but thanks!
Edward Tinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2005, 11:50 PM   #18

Ed,

You should check your policy. Our house was severely damaged (and condemmed afterward) by hurricane Charley in August. Our homeowners policy really covered a lot. It pays for the house (with a deductable), a rental for maybe a year ($$ limit), moving, travel to visit the house being repaired (many damaged houses in our town--destroyed motels--no local rentals available), damaged contents, damaged boat lift, etc. etc. This should be a big help if you get a good adjuster.
Unread 03-13-2005, 12:03 AM   #19
Edward Tinker
Super Moderator
Eternal Lifer
LugerForum
Patron

Thanked 4,500 Times in 2,076 Posts

Thanks al, my brother in law and sister had a fire about 5 years ago (he is also a lawyer), so they are feeding me with tips too.

Thanks, apprecaite things like that to make me think straight....

Ed
Edward Tinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2005, 12:52 AM   #20
G.W. Gill
User

I don't know what to say. We are so joyful that you escaped. And so sorry for your pets that didn't. We do hope you were able to salvage family history, ect. Our thoughts are with you. G. W. Gill and family.
G.W. Gill is offline   Reply With Quote