LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Krieghoff Lugers

Unread 09-12-2015, 05:38 PM   #1
armenjs802
User

Arrow 1945 Dated Krieghoff Luftwaffe

SOLD! TODAY FOR $45,000

Rock Island

Very Rare Iconic 1945 Dated Krieghoff Luftwaffe Contract Luger Pistol with Holster Pictured in "Lugers At Random" and "The Krieghoff Parabellum"

Description: Very Rare Iconic 1945 Dated Krieghoff Luftwaffe Contract Luger Pistol with Holster Pictured in "Lugers At Random" and "The Krieghoff Parabellum" This is a very rare example of a late WWII production Krieghoff Luger pistol, as described/pictured on page 328 and 329 of "Luger at Random" by Kenyon; providence, Ralph Shattuck's personal collection. These late production pistols were the very last military contract Krieghoff Lugers produced. This is not a post war assembled but a true late war Luftwaffe contract Luger, with an estimated production of less than "200". It has the 1945 dated chamber area with the late double "eagle/2" Krieghoff/Luftwaffe acceptance proofs on the right side of the barrel extension, followed by a firing proof. The barrel is unnumbered but correctly proofed with a single small "eagle/2" proof. It is numbered in an unusual commercial manner, with the full serial number "13090" on the front of the frame and left side of the barrel extension with the various smaller parts stamped with number "90". It is fitted with the correct late war Mauser type black plastic grips with the fine checkering. It is accompanied by two, late war "fxo/eagle/37" marked magazines, both with the unmarked black plastic bases. This rare luger is complete with an original Krieghoff "eagle" over "Z" proofed black leather holster. It is photographed on page 329 of "Lugers At Random" by Charles Kenyon (1969) and on page 186 of "The Krieghoff Parabellum" by Randall Gibson (1980). Manufacturer: Krieghoff Heinrich Gun Co Model: P.08 BBL: 4 inch round Stock: Gauge: 9 mm Luger Finish: blue Grips: plastic Serial Number: 13090 Class: Curio & Relic Handgun Condition: Very fine with 95% of the original blued finish overall with some edge and high spot wear. There is some minor touch up on the lower rear grip strap/stock lug area. The various smaller parts retain 35% of their origianl straw colors overall. The grips are in excellent condition with nice checkering overall with minor handling marks. It has matching numbers on the various parts except the magazines as noted above. The holster is also in excellent condition with a nice even black finish overall with tight stitching showing minor handling marks and minor scuffs overall and a very distinct Luftwaffe "eagle/2" proof on the back inside area of the holster.

Become a new member of ------G43 Community
armenjs802 is offline   Reply With Quote
The following member says Thank You to armenjs802 for your post:
Unread 09-12-2015, 10:20 PM   #2
abukafura
Patron
LugerForum
Patron

What a rare and beautiful Luger. Wish I had the deep pockets to obtain such a fine firearm. Great [photos.
abukafura is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2015, 12:55 PM   #3
1933 FORD NUT
User

Seems there were at least 2 bidders that don't think these are products of WaA USA . Was good to see the " freshened up " ones did not bring crazy money . Well except the 1938 anyway .

The 1937 serial 10,000 missing final proofs was my favorite but remembering the one HK [ actually my first ] that was once owned by Ralph I passed . That one looked good at first glance but the closer you looked the worse it got . Do not need that experience again .

Wonder what this " 1945 " gem will sell for NEXT TIME it is for sale ? Dave

Caveat Emptor
1933 FORD NUT is offline   Reply With Quote
The following member says Thank You to 1933 FORD NUT for your post:
Unread 09-14-2015, 01:16 PM   #4
guns3545
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Well, another example of Auction regurgitation.

SN13090 was sold earlier this year by Carol Watson. ($13,000). Someone flipped it and made a neat profit!!

But, it is still a Siroonian gun via Ralph and the leopard has not changed any spots.

Only the price has changed.

My opinion of the provenance of 1945 HKs has not changed.

John
guns3545 is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 2 members says Thank You to guns3545 for your post: