LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > All P-08 Military Lugers

Unread 08-29-2003, 10:21 PM   #1
lugercollector
Patron
LugerForum
Patron

Post BYF 41 Trigger and Ejector in the white

I recently purchased this Luger #4824u and realised the trigger and ejector are not blued or colored .....the trigger has been blued along the very top....it does not appear to have been sanded,polished or otherwise played with.....but obviously this is not a normal finish.....also all the parts match on the gun except the firing pin which is #14.....I handle quite a few Lugers and this is the 3rd Mauser Luger(in the last month) from the 1939-42 production era that has one small mismatched part where the last digit is correct...but not the first digit....in each case the gun is original and in my opinion had not been played with.....has anyone else encountered this mismatch scenario???...Thanks....Peter...
lugercollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2003, 11:23 PM   #2
Jim Keenan
User

Hi, Peter,

"...not been played with"?. Maybe the more expert will shoot me down, but I would say someone tried to make the trigger and ejector look like the old "straw" color but didn't complete the job. They should be blued.

If you have encountered several in your area, there could be one "artist" at work.

Jim
Jim Keenan is offline   Reply With Quote