LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Announcements & Help > Site Technical Help or Site Feedback

Unread 02-01-2004, 10:08 PM   #1
USMC
User

Angry My account is messed up

When I log into my account the screen says I'm not logged in. I can still post messages and things like that, but I can't preview any of my post because the screen says I have to be registered or logged in. Can anyone help?

Semper-FI
USMC
Unread 02-01-2004, 10:17 PM   #2
wterrell
User

Do you have a firewall?
wterrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2004, 11:36 PM   #3
ViggoG
RIP

Josh (USMC),
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva"> When I log into my account the screen says I'm not logged in. I can still post messages and things like that, but I can't preview any of my post because the screen says I have to be registered or logged in. </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva">I to have exactly the same problem.
I have found that I can post and then I can edit, so I just omit any attempt to preview as it would only effect my initial post and not prevent editing.
However if someone could explain the cure I will be glad to attempt to correct the situation.
ViggoG
ViggoG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2004, 08:01 AM   #4
USMC
User

Wes,

No, I don't have a firewall. Its funny though because my computer at work logs me in just fine and I have no troubles. Any solutions?

USMC
Unread 02-02-2004, 10:53 AM   #5
Edward Tinker
Super Moderator
Eternal Lifer
LugerForum
Patron

Thanked 4,502 Times in 2,077 Posts
John, if it isn't a firewall issue, then it is a settings issue with the home computer.

Cookies (probably not, since you have access), so it is maybe a setting on privacy, as I find it odd that you can post messages, yet says you are not logged in?

I don't ever pre-view my post, I just post it, see how it looks and modify it if need be (pencil and paper icon in your posting).

Ed
Author of Veteran Bring Backs Vol I, Vol II, Vol III and Vol IV

Edward Tinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2004, 04:58 PM   #6
Herb
User

I believe you have to have javascript turned on also.
Unread 02-02-2004, 06:54 PM   #7
wterrell
User

Ed and Herb are dead-on about the settings. But if all settings are fine, do you have any ad blocking software or such on your computer?
wterrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2004, 12:40 PM   #8
John D.
Administrator
& Site Owner
LugerForum
Patron

Hi Folks....

Thanks for the assist..!

Anway - I posted this in another thread - and figured it may help.. Also - just as an FYI - this Forum doesn't require Javascript - BUT - must browsers do support it.. Typically - the problem with"Logins" is associated with the Browser either "munging" Cookies (A tech term for screwing them up in the Cookie Index file ) or that the Cookies don't reach the Browser... Soooo.......

"Hi....

Can you please try the following first? The LugerForum uses "Cookies" to remember your Login, what posts are new since your previous visit, what posts you have contributed to, your "preferences", etc.

Therefore please check that your browser is set to "Accept" cookies. You can find these in your "TOOLS" or "PREFERENCES" sections of your Browser settings. Also, some Browser's "PRIVACY" settings can block "Cookies", so turn them to "Normal" or "Default".

Some firewalls will block cookies as well - so if you have one (like Sygate, Norton, Tiny, Kerio, ICS, etc.), you can set those to accept "Cookies" from "trusted Domains" or allow a pass through. If you'd like to set it for just THIS Forum - simply add the Domain "lugerforum.com".

Best to you,

John Dunkle
Lugerforum Site Administrator"
John D. is offline   Reply With Quote