LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > All P-08 Military Lugers

Unread 03-19-2006, 02:07 PM   #1
RGARRETT

Default East German Luger Value?

Yesterday I saw a badly mismatched luger with WWII parts. It was a good looking luger none the less. It had to the right of the side plate " Wach Regt. F. Dzerzhinsky" This was the regiment that provided state securityin East Germany. Dzerzhinsky started the KGB. The regiment is named after him. The gun also has " Staci and a number" on the grip strap and some other number that look like a unit ( maybe a lower unit of the regiment. Did not see any import marks. It was reblued, mismatched, but had to me interesting markings. I offered $650 and the owner asked $850. Do you think the marking are original and if so do they add to the value? What would be a fair price. Thanks for any help.
Unread 03-19-2006, 05:33 PM   #2
Schupo
User

RGARRETT,

I would be highly suspicious of the markings you describe. First, I have not seen DDR markings on the side plate like this, as official German unit marking property stamps are generally found on the front gripstrap of lugers. Second, Staci is misspelled as the ministry is properly abrieviated as Stasi. Third, by the time the Wachregiment was operational, the P.08 was not carried by the NVA but was relegated to second line service with the Kampfgruppen who received them through the Ministry of the Interior, a completely different DDR ministry than State Security. It sounds like a mismatched parts gun that has been boosted by adding spurious markings. I certainly would not give $650 for such a pistol, much less $850.
Unread 03-19-2006, 06:32 PM   #3
RGARRETT

Thanks for your input. The abreviation error was my fault. Your other points are well taken.