LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 03-05-2001, 12:03 AM   #1
Ted
User

Default Ralph's Place

My normal full disertation on my view of the trip is forthcoming when I can see again and think clearly! Frank was a pleasure to met, Ralph was very interested in all aspects (he made the breakfast, viewing, lunch, and the GT dinner party) GT was a wonder! Hugh WOWED us all with his BABYS, (man get on the list as long as you are behind me!!!!hheheheh) they were really nice and he has got that barrel taper down! Nancy was a gracious host! John D was a little hyper but he was concerned about flying into home with 2' of snow on the runway, a well founded fear. A super guy that I would have loved to talk to more! (he has bought some cherry WEapons that will really dress up the main page this next year) GT sent me home with his NAVY shooter to reblue (that will be a nice project) Mavin was his normal self and I had a great time listening to German Marching music and talking about all aspects of collecting. He has some real interesting and great insights into World War II and the weapons and solidering that went on there! A GREAT friend! Well more on this tomoorow or a little further down the road. One thing we talked about was more NAPCA memebers are starting to surface on the forum. Don Hallock, Bob Tracy and others! I think this will add another dimension to the forum that will be very benefitial to us all! I am tired but very very happy! How lucky I was to find that Polictical Leaders Holster at Ralph's! He knew what I like and we got that puppy secured and taken out of the general area, before one of you great guys beat me to it! I was well pleased as I have been looking for it! He still has that Luger I want, I will buy it the next time I go there! Ralph Shattuck is a great guy and a pleasure to see each time I go done there! His health is imporoving much from last Fall, all to the good of Luger collectors! Bis Spaeter! Theodor Gruen

Unread 03-05-2001, 06:53 AM   #2
Marvin
User

Default Re: Ralph's Place

I think Heer Gruen has said it all for the trip and meeting some of the best people in the world. This trip was marvelous and the highlight was putting real faces with names. Talking Lugers (and P.38s with G.T.) was the best. It is unbelieveable the amount of knowledge this Forum has in Lugers, reasearch, etc. in firearms of many different types too.

As it stands, this will be an annual event and if there is anyway possible, attend the next get-to-gether. The folks on the Forum are the greatest, and we need ALL meet!

Marvin

Unread 03-05-2001, 11:22 AM   #3
tom heller

Sounds like a great get together. Sorry that I missed it. You all may want to consider joining NAPCA and contriluting to our monthly new letter, and attending the annual convention each Jan in Kansas City. Dues are about $40/year and due 1 April. You can either write me with a SASE for an application or directly to NAPCA @ POB 15738 St.Louis, MO. 63163.

Unread 03-05-2001, 11:36 AM   #4
Ted
User

Marvin and I are members, I dont know about the other guys! Ted

Unread 03-05-2001, 12:02 PM   #5
Marvin
User

Tom is correct about NAPCA, it is a great organization. You will find information on Lugers and other automatic pistols that is not avaialable any other place until a book is written. Most of the noted firearm authors belong to NAPCA and much of their research info comes from the membership.

Marvin

Unread 03-05-2001, 12:17 PM   #6
Ted
User

Watch in teh Automag in a few months, My accounting of the trip to WOL that Marvin and I made last fall will be in there if Knox decides to print it! It did the last one I sent in! Ted

Unread 03-05-2001, 01:50 PM   #7
Hugh
RIP

Default Ah'm gonna join :) (EOM)