LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > Off Topic & Other Firearms

Unread 02-08-2005, 09:59 PM   #1
edwood
User

Default sauer 38 h price

what would a sauer 38 h in good to very good condtion, be worth? also a the value of a 34 mauser in very good condtion? nazi marked both.I am looking to pick one or the other up, which ever comes up for the right price first. thanks
edwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2005, 01:32 AM   #2
Lloyd in Nevada
User

Ed,

It is virtually impossible to give any kind of valuation/price/worth based on the rather broad scope of your question. There are many variations and markings that impact value (besides condition) when it comes to Sauer 38hs and Mauser M1934s. Some variations are very scarce and others are very common. A Sauer 38h can go for anywhere from $300 to $1,500 or more as can a Mauser M1934. I just recently acquired a very early WWII German (Nazi) Mauser M1934 E/655 tp rig with two magazines, holster and capture declaration all matching in 98% and paid over $2,000 for it. I have seen nazi marked M1934s in very good condition sell for around $500-$600. It all depends on condition, if the pistol is ALL matching, the markings and variation. If you could provide more detail, including partial serial number, markings, surface blue remaining etc. I am sure someone on this site could give you a more definitive answer--pictures are also very helpful (but hard to get if you are just shopping or considering the purchase). Not trying to be difficult and would love to give you more input but need more information to do that. There are also some very good books on the subject of WWII German military pistols that might be worth your consideration. Good Luck!
Lloyd in Nevada is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2005, 05:55 AM   #3
edwood
User

Default thanks her is a link to one I am looking at

here is a link to oine I am considering, http://www.auctionarms.com/search/di...temNum=6441628

when I say looking for these guns, I mean a nazi marked, common gun, in original blue, good bore, all matching. but nothing rare.
Unread 02-09-2005, 08:04 AM   #4
Ron Smith
User

Ed, It's a 2nd variation with Police E/C marking. I'm not an expert on these, but I would guess with holster. It's worth approx. $500-$600.

Ron
I Still Need DWM side plate #49... if anyone runs across a nice one.

What ~Rudyard Kipling~ said...
Ron Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2005, 09:46 AM   #5
edwood
User

picked it up yesterday and it is as nice as the photos.
love the decocker cocker. I think if I needed to sell it for one reason or another, I could make a little coin.