LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > General Discussions

Unread 05-08-2021, 12:17 PM   #1
Dwight Gruber
User

Thanked 1,281 Times in 423 Posts
Default New Luger Video

Interesting. Long. Enthusiastic Luger non-expert. Take with beachful grains of sand. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQ3BOLsJNoo

--Dwight
Dwight Gruber is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 2 members says Thank You to Dwight Gruber for your post:
Unread 05-09-2021, 11:33 AM   #2
mrerick
Super Moderator - Patron
LugerForum
Life Patron

Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,503 Posts

You're looking at the Video Game driven future of the hobby of collecting Luger pistols...

Enthusiasm is great. Seeing how he values his VoPo / RC Luger is great. His interest in the history is great. His appreciation of craftsmanship and precision is great.

His lack of safe handling (not checking the chamber for empty when he picked it up and dropped the magazine, then reinserted it) is not great.

"Easy 100 yard shots"? "Safety Nazis'? "Made for hot loads"? See... there is still a place for us old codgers... I wonder where he'll find a Kydex holster so he can concealed carry it? I just know I never would...

In some shots you can see he's still recovering from his "Garand Thumb"... That's a visual testament to "judgement" on handling his firearms... As he says, "all my autistic whims can now be fulfilled"...

But... consider that this video has had close to a quarter million views, on a channel with over a million subscribers...

If his enthusiasm motivates just 10 percent of his viewers to want a Luger, then eventually we'll see that demand present itself. For collectors, our job is to continue the education of those 25,000 people...
The following 3 members says Thank You to mrerick for your post: