LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 04-24-2002, 09:41 PM   #1
Roadkill
User

Default OT-Change subject (long)

While ya'll working out those other problems how about giving me some advice. I was coming in from coyote hunting at dusk yesterday and this strange looking animal crawled in front of me. It was a dang armadillo. I've never seen one here in N.Ala in 30+ years of hunting. It looked at me sorta strange, so I kicked at it and it rared up and made some wierd noise. My gun was cased so I went for my pistol. The thing got aggressive I think. Got the pistol out and took aim but couldn't figure out where to shoot it. Never shot one of these gladiator possoums before. Ugly thing. If you hit it in the head can it keep on going like a chicken or do you have to shoot it somewhere else? Will a .32 even faze it with all that armor? Does it attack if its wounded? So I put up the pistol and got in my 85 camo dodge pickup and decided to just run over the nasty thing. But do you hit it center like a big raccoon, or use a tire like with a squirrel or cat, or hit a glancing blow with a fender like on a big dog? It finally crawled away. Questions: Are they poisonous? Do they attack? Are they day or night animals? Can they jump? Do they climb trees? Where do they sleep? What size gun is best to shoot one? How do you know if they are dead? What do their tracks look like? What do they eat? Do they make good pets? Do they answer predator calls? Do they hunt in packs? Do they bite if you step on one in the dark? Do they like creek bottoms or ridges? This is very new to me and as much time as I'm in the woods I need to know.

Roadkill