LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > Off Topic & Other Firearms

Unread 03-06-2005, 12:11 AM   #1
Stevie
User

Default Swiss Karabiner 31!!

I purchased one of these on a whim(had pretty wood). Hey!! This thing shoots great. Ammo is a bit expensive, but no worse than commercial /domestic calibers. Accuracy is second to none. Bayonet might be a problem.

Details: 1939 manufacture, walnut stock, matching numbers on everything, mechanicaly fine, SIG manufacture?, cheap.

Kind of like the Swiss folks thought, maybe most everyone should keep one.

Almost forgot to mention, has a name tag under the buttplate , tag has a name on each side(other info too). One name looks French, other is German..... Coolest long gun I've bought since my Swedish M96!

Better get yourselves one! Stevie.
Stevie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2005, 12:50 AM   #2
Steve Richards
User

I agree with Tacfoley. Go to swissrifles.com. Great site. I go there to look but have not posted there because I don't know enough to sound intelligent.

The K-31 is a great rifle. The first time I took mine to a 100 yard range there were a bunch of guys sighting in their scoped rifles. I was getting better groups than they were! It was the first time that I had fired a rifle in about 20 years and with iron sight I got about a 4" group at 100 yards.

I bought it for the unique action. Amunition is fairly expensive. If you can find it, the surplus Swiss ammo runs about $30.00/60. Otherwise, learn to reload.
Steve Richards is offline   Reply With Quote