LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > General Discussions

Unread 04-21-2004, 11:23 AM   #1
Vlim
Lifetime
LugerForum Patron

Thanked 3,900 Times in 1,190 Posts
Post 1918 DWM luger production

Hi,

While browsing through DWM's 1939 company history book I found an interesting bit I had missed earlier.

'Since the last months of 1917 the munitions and arms production on the military locations was slowed down considerably as the arsenals had stocked very large supplies and the lack of raw materials also contributed to producion cuts. At DWM order totals and daily output were lowered. One exception was the production of machine guns, of which the deliveries during 1918 were larger than the previous year. The increasing importance of this weapon during the war meant that fewer infantry rifles were needed. Apart from these production cuts the DWM companies were very highly occupied.'

Military output of 1917 P08's almost filled the alphabet with about 260,000 pistols produced and delivered.

In 1918 it dropped to about 125,000 pistols. Production of artillery lugers at DWM dropped to some 14,000 in 1918, confirming the dropping demand of LP08's in favor of the machine guns.
Vlim is offline   Reply With Quote