LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > All Post-WWII Lugers

Unread 12-22-2002, 03:28 PM   #1
DuaneD
New User

Post Answers to Questions by Steve, Dwight others

If you want something done on time I probably don't fill the bill. This is stated as an apology for taking so long to answer questions ask by Steve Richards 11/14/02 , Dwight Gruber, Aaron , Tacfoley, and Unspellable on 9/24/02. On Dec 07 I talked to Mr. R.E. Romo jr at the Saxet show in San Antonio. First question as to why did he chose stainless steel vs gun metal for his American Eagle? Factors such as easy to machine , use of casting, durable finish, all factors but the main and overriding factors was he wanted to create something new that would stand by itself and not be just a copy. He did some market research and it confirmed his belief that a new production blued gun would not only be compared to guns that had much hand work etc but would be priced as a competitor {used po8 vs new}. Therefore the decision to go SS was first to make something that would sell, and a copy to compete with the original would not do that. Second question is there going to be a book about the American Eagle/ Yes, a Mr. Klaus Meyer of Dallas , Texas is gathering information at this time. [Again sorry it took so long].
DuaneD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2002, 03:49 PM   #2
Dwight Gruber
User

Thanked 1,282 Times in 424 Posts
Duane, thanks much for the reply, very interesting info. Mr. Romo's reasoning makes sense, and enhances my curiosity about what drives the project. I want to know what enthusiasms motivate someone to actually -manufacture- Lugers!!?!

--Dwight
Dwight Gruber is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2002, 08:40 PM   #3
Navy
RIP

All,

I had the distinct pleasure and good fortune to meet Mr. Romo (do I have the spelling correct?) at the KC show in January 1999. He is a gentleman of the old school and very proud of what he is doing. Additionally, he stands behind his products 100%.

We need more guys like him on the manufacturing side.

Tom A.
Navy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-24-2002, 06:25 PM   #4
Steve Richards
User

Thank you Duane. None of the questions were time sensitive and you answered them when you had good information. I also like the answers, especially about the book. Now I have something else to look forward to buying. Thank you very much.

I have spoken to Mr. Romo on the telephone and via email and also was very impressed with him as a person. Maybe someday he will join us on our forum, or maybe he has and for undertandable reasons prefers to not post under his real name. In this case I cam undertand why he might do that.
Steve Richards is offline   Reply With Quote