LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > All P-08 Military Lugers

Unread 04-03-2011, 02:47 PM   #1
kingfisher
New User

Default Rework?

Hello all,
I friend of mine recently picked up a luger that is marked under the barrel "G. g. Fahrmann 9m/m A", along with an E/N and E/J proof stamps and a crown with a stylized block D under it. All of this is on the underside of the barrel with the serial. The rest of the gun seems to be marked as a military with the last two digits of the serial visible on most exposed parts but there are no military proofs on the receiver or frame that I could see. The chamber is blank. I have found info on Vono and Anschultz reworks but nothing on this firm. Anyone ever heard of it before? Thanks,
kingfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2011, 04:15 PM   #2
Hugo Borchardt
User

Kingfisher:

Welcome. We would appreciate a first name and a general location!

Here is a short thread on the other forum with a similar gun:

http://luger.gunboards.com/showthread.php?t=15366

Looks like the rework dates from the 1940s. Any way you could get us some photos? You mentioned the chamber is blank, but is the toggle marked with either "DWM" or "Erfurt"?

Clark

My militaria collection is dedicated to the memory of my Grandfather, Marine Gunnery Sergeant Dave Hill, Jr., wounded in action at The Assault of the Second Marine Division on Betio Island, Tarawa Atoll, 20-23 November, 1943. http://www.tarawa1943.com/pages/casualties%20tarawa.htm
Hugo Borchardt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2011, 09:54 PM   #3
kingfisher
New User

Clark,

Thanks for the thread, I will take a look at it. The toggle is marked DWM, and there appeared to be a very faint Weimar "stick" eagle proof on the left side of the front toggle. This buddy of mine lives some distance from me and I just happened to drop by last week to see him. I didn't have a camera with me so I can't post any pictures. The condition overall was pretty good, about 80-85% and pretty decent straw as well. It did have some light freckling on it in places, probably from improper storage. I'm down Deep South of you. Thanks, I appreciate the reply, I have enjoyed reading the posts on the forum and am amazed at the knowledge pool here.

Doc
kingfisher is offline   Reply With Quote