LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Early Lugers (1900-1906)

Unread 03-06-2005, 10:50 PM   #1
Edward Tinker
Super Moderator
Eternal Lifer
LugerForum
Patron

Thanked 4,502 Times in 2,077 Posts
Default Borchardt thingie

I got an e-mail from a friend, he thought someone might be interested, but I know nothing of the seller or the item!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=6515918030
Edward Tinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2005, 11:08 PM   #2
Pete Ebbink
User

Hey Ed,

This is Murray from Down-Under...I believe he offered it for sale on the LF before it went onto e-Bay...

He had this one extra...

Regards,

Pete...
Pete Ebbink is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2005, 11:10 PM   #3
Edward Tinker
Super Moderator
Eternal Lifer
LugerForum
Patron

Thanked 4,502 Times in 2,077 Posts

Oh, thanks, Bob from back east sent me the link, thought I should pass it forward!

Ed
Author of Veteran Bring Backs Vol I, Vol II, Vol III and Vol IV

Edward Tinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2005, 08:28 PM   #4
Big Norm
RIP

Pete and Ed,
thanks for alerting my to that Borchardt thingy or hold open magazine or barring block or what ever other name it goes by. I have troubles with getting into Ebay with the old sytem that I have on my computer but I am able to access that site if someone posts an article on it like Ed did for this thingy.

As a result, I was able to purchase it on Ebay from Murray for $1675. Jerry Peters thinks I got a good deal but its hard to tell on something that is on any auction site as rarely as this thing is. I got a little frightened because some guy from Belgium tried to do a sniper number on it but couldn't quite pull it off.

So I want the thank Ed and Pete for cluing me in. Actually, I owe Pete a second thanks. He is the guy who posted that that Navy stock was on Ebay a while back. I got that thingy too. So thanks again Pete. When I become a big shot, super duper Luger celebrity, I promise to arrange to have someone send you both my autograph.

I just hope that my next job does not go as bad as my last job did. I was a professional fisherman. But I found that couldn't live on my net income. (hee! hee!)
Big Norm
Big Norm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2005, 10:08 AM   #5
tudorbug
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Norm:

Congratulations. Good bidding! Ebay can be tricky to handle sometimes.

David
tudorbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2005, 12:57 PM   #6
Big Norm
RIP

Dave,
Your right, Ebay can be tricky. Normally, I don't like bidding on merchandise being sold in another country. But this seller is a regular on this forum and seems like a nice guy. But even still, I will feel more comfortable when I get this thingy in my paws. But then again I always feel that way about things that I buy on the internet.

There was a time when I thought about making a hold open for my Borchardt. But then I saw all the goodies that come with the real thingy, I decided to go for the real thing

But now the agonizing wait begins for the arrival of my thingy.Funny how when you win a bid, you immediately want it in your hands.
Big Norm

Unread 03-11-2005, 10:24 AM   #7
tudorbug
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Norm:

I understand the wait. I've exchanged emails with Murry some months ago when he noted a number of lugers offered for auction in his country. It was an interesting exchange with a lot of potential and I wish I had been able to pursue the subject further.

You getting a nice and probably difficult to find accessory for a very expensive pistol and it will be just great when it arrives at the end of it's long journey.

In the meantime, I'll keep looking for my first luger.

David
tudorbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2005, 11:06 AM   #8
Big Norm
RIP

Dave,
Murray sounds like he is a pretty nice guy. I emailed him about this hold open and he said that he lives on an island in northern New Zealand without electricity. I have seen travel and hunting programs about New Zealand and the place sounds pretty cool. Murray sounds pretty cool too. I would love to visit him but it looks like it would be too far for me to swim.
As I write this, a question pops in my head. I wonder how close Murray and the rest of New Zealand was to that tsunami that hit that area of the world?
Big Norm
Unread 03-28-2005, 03:11 PM   #9
Lugers down under
User

Hi Guys,
I was really pleased that Big Norm got the Baring block, hold open, dummy mag., call it what you will. I do hope you will be pleased with it Norm.
Its well on it's way to you as I posted it by express insured air mail courier last thursday (your last wednesday)
I had no real idea of what it was worth although I had been told that one sold recently at a Reno show for $3000.00
I am very pleased that some one from the forum ended up with it.
Yes, I do live on a remote Island off the north eastern coast of the North Island on NZ and yep! no electricity although you would not know it as we make our own from the sun and the wind.
I have enough electricity left over to run 12 quartz halogen spot lights and a dehumidifier in my Lugeroom. Average temp is 20 C and humidity is often 90%. Not good for guns!!!
Regards
Murray.
Unread 03-28-2005, 09:34 PM   #10
Big Norm
RIP

Murray,
thats the trouble with rare items. You just can not come up with a price. This item rarely comes up for auction and I thought that I would jump on it. Now I see that there is a second one for sale on Ebay. Only one person has bid so far and he hasn't hit the reserve price. It could be because the seller has restricted himself to USA buyers. I believe that it was a Belgium guy who bid me up. So now the Belgium guy can't even take a chance for the second Barring thingie.
Big Norm
Unread 04-19-2005, 08:11 PM   #11
Pete Ebbink
User

Another one :

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...525921589&rd=1
Pete Ebbink is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2005, 09:33 PM   #12
Ron Wood
2010 LugerForum
Patron

Location: Santa Teresa New Mexico just outside of the West Texas town of El Paso
Thanked 5,096 Times in 1,676 Posts

Same one Big Norm was referencing in his last post. Didn't make reserve last time so it is up again.