LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > Off Topic & Other Firearms

Unread 04-18-2009, 01:07 PM   #1
Navy
RIP

Default My Letter To Home Land Security

All,

It should come as small surprise to those of you who have been a frequenter of this board for more than a few months that I can be reasonably considered a man of strong opinion and firm convictions. Occasionally, perhaps I could be considered "insensitive", the highest crime and felony in today's PC-gone mad world.
I plead guilty.

When I learned of the slander and profiling that was being done at the departmentof Homeland Buffoonery, I felt compelled to comment to the gubbmint. After all, weren't we told by the leftards for the past 8 years that dissent is the "highest form of patriotism", or something like that?

Herewith is my exercise of patriotism:

Sent: 4/18/2009 12:44:32 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time
Subj: Supposed Threats

Dear Government Official,

My name is James T. Armstrong. I am a retired regular Army officer residing in Alexandria, Virginia. I am a decorated airborne combat veteran-a combat infantryman's badge (CIB) holder-among other decorations. My late father, Carroll A. Armstrong, formerly of Macon, Georgia, was likewise a decorated infantry officer, awarded the CIB, among other decorations including the Purple Heart, for wounds sustained in the European Theater of Operations. His brothers served in the Army Air Corps and the USN during World War II. My son, Daniel K. Armstrong, of Gainesville, Florida, is likewise a decorated combat infantryman, holding the CIB and the Purple heart also. My wife, Catherine, is a decorated veteran of the Viet Nam war, where she served as an Army Nurse.

My family's service to this nation dates to the Jamestown Colony. I am entitled to be a member of both the Sons of the American Revolution and the Sons of Confederate Veterans. I am, as you may suspect, quite proud of my family's long and honorable service-often at the cost of their blood-to this, the greatest nation Almighty God ever bestowed on mankind.

It is this sense of pride and history that compels me, out of sadness and bewilderment, to inquire: Why are some un-elected, faceless bureaucrats paid with my tax dollars allowed, if not encouraged, to engage in such odious and shameful behavior as to 'profile" we veterans as a class?

I feel comfortable your appointed superiors would never permit such a slander on a "protected" class such as blacks, illegal aliens or Muslims, so I am dumfounded as to why a federal agency would disseminate such blatantly racist, classist and politically-biased claptrap?

Eagerly anticipating, but not really expecting a reply,

James T. Armstrong
Proud Combat Infantryman, Son of a Combat Infantryman, Father of a Combat Infantryman

You may flame away, should you desire.

But as Mr. P. Henry stated on the floor of the Virginia house of Burgesses in 1773, "If this be treason, then make the most of it."

I am pi**ed at the whole rotten government. Turn 'em ALL out!

Tom A
Navy is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 2 members says Thank You to Navy for your post:
Unread 04-18-2009, 01:55 PM   #2
George Anderson
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,528 Times in 787 Posts

Amen
George Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2009, 01:58 PM   #3
Ice
User

No flame here. Thank you for adding your voice to that of thousands of veterans who feel the same way about this disgraceful way we are treated. I have added my voice to this protest.

Charlie
Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2009, 02:04 PM   #4
Jan C Still
User

Tom
Very well stated. I would be most pleased if you added your post to my forum.
Thanks
Jan
Jan C Still is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2009, 03:26 PM   #5
Neil Young
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Default My Letter to Homeland Security

Thanks. I agree with you with all my being. This is not the only thing that the current government has done that disappoints me.

Neil Young
Unread 04-18-2009, 04:00 PM   #6
policeluger
RIP

Tom, I am proud to know you, but I feel America has taken a turn it will never recover from. libdemcraps are invading and breeding in this country faster then can be corrected, not sure if our own president is a citizen, acorn registers anyone who can put an "x" on paper, honest citizens with God and guns who created this country are now pronounced by the goverment to be terrorst, to be watched and regulated out of exsistence.....I am going to get off the soap box, but if we are to believe in the second coming of Christ, then things are suppose to get worse before better......I do want the brotherhood of LF to know that I do care for each one.....

Last edited by policeluger; 04-18-2009 at 10:06 PM.
policeluger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2009, 05:05 PM   #7
snipershot1944
User

Police Luger

Never is a long time. We just need to vote the swine out in two years, the first sweep of the broom, and then in four years, finish the job.

Tom, well said, I'm proud of you.

David
snipershot1944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2009, 06:02 PM   #8
Edward Tinker
Super Moderator
Eternal Lifer
LugerForum
Patron

Thanked 4,525 Times in 2,090 Posts

Amen +
Edward Tinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2009, 06:51 PM   #9
MG
User

Ditto and Amen!

I am proud to be a member of this forum!

GOD Bless you and yours!
GOD Bless our Troops!
GOD Bless the USA!
MG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2009, 09:47 AM   #10
Navy
RIP

Jan,

Will do.

Tom
Navy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2009, 08:00 PM   #11
pitsword
User

Dear Sir,
Yeehaa and God bless you. I am with you all the way. VietNam vet, CWO 3 USA Ret. My oldest son is a two tour Afgan vet, Purple Heart on last tour. Guess we are what must be wrong with this Country, the Country that we would die for. Sucks to have been so wrong for all of these years. Rips my heart out. Then again....no never again, would I or mine put our ass on the line for the turds "governing" what used to be our Country. Gettin' time to do some serious thinking gents.
pitsword is offline   Reply With Quote