LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > Shooting and Reloading

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 03-12-2012, 12:25 AM   #1
TheRomanhistorian
User

Default Fiocchi 124 grain FMJ Truncated Cone

Hi all,

I've been testing ammunition recently, trying to find the 'sweet stuff' for my newest Luger. I've used some Federal and Magtech (the Federal seems to be the best for this pistol but the Magtech wasn't awful once I got used to it and my aim improved) but I remember reading about the truncated cone and weight of the original 9mm Luger round.

I did some searches and found a little bit here but how is Fiocchi 9mm ammunition in general? I keep hearing it is 'hot' but the 9mm 124 grain FMJ Truncated Cone seems to be 1150 fps (or 1200 if you buy the 'Canned Heat' version) which isn't too far from my Magtech 115 grain and the WWB 115 grain is 1190 fps. Has anyone used it in their Lugers regularly and would you recommend it for regular use in a WWI Luger?

Best,

Michael

Nos morituri te salutant - Supposed saying of the gladiators to the emperor ('We, who are about to die, salute you.')

'We are the lantern bearers, my friend; for us to keep something burning, to carry what light we can forward into the darkness and the wind' - From Rosemary Sutcliff's The Lantern Bearers
TheRomanhistorian is offline   Reply With Quote