LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 03-25-2002, 10:34 AM   #1
TIMOTHY CANNEY

Default GUN SHOW REPORT

Well the gunshow here in Cedar Rapids, Iowa was pretty much as usual. There were very few Lugers or other WW2 guns for sale. I did pick up an interesting PHOTO ALBUM and 8X11 picture (same guy)of a German soldier in World War Two. It has about 70 pictures of the soldier, with subjects ranging from family pictures, vacation pictures, and shots of he and his fellow soldiers at war. I like this stuff, because it shows that most of the soldiers were just normal people, like us, fighting for their country and the fact that they were not all NAZI Concentration Camp Guards. Brings a great humaness to the terrible confrontation. Oh, I allmost forgot, I guy came in with a MINT UNFIRED BYF 41 LUGER ALL MATCHING, with TWO CLIPS, MINT Holster. It wasn't for sale though. By the end of the show, he had showed it to so many people that you could see obvious handling marks that weren't there when he brought it in. (I saw it when he walked in and when he left the show) He bought it for $1000.00 (full rig, plus two mint K98 bayonets)from the son of a World War Two Vet. Why can't I ever find these deals!

Till next time!

Tim Canney

Unread 03-25-2002, 11:14 AM   #2
mlm

Default Re: GUN SHOW REPORT

Well, it ain't mint anymore. What is the point of bringing a nice luger rig into a show so the sharks can try to buy it from you? In the end a 99% luger that gets worn down to a 97 or 96% luger lost $500 or more in value. What an idiot.

Unread 03-25-2002, 03:02 PM   #3
66mustang

Default mlm, makes it affordable for me! but a shame! (EOM)

Unread 03-25-2002, 04:58 PM   #4
TIMOTHY CANNEY

Default Re: mlm, makes it affordable for me! but a shame!

I think he was "just so happy with himself", that he wanted to "show it off to as many people as possible", not thinking about the consequences. Anyway it brought the gun ever so closer to the price he paid for it! Awe, what a shame!

Till next time,

Tim

Unread 03-25-2002, 10:05 PM   #5
Ron Wood
2010 LugerForum
Patron

Location: Santa Teresa New Mexico just outside of the West Texas town of El Paso
Thanked 5,164 Times in 1,700 Posts

I am curious. What damage to the gun happened during handling at the gun show caused a "99%" Luger to be devalued by $500?

Unread 03-25-2002, 10:07 PM   #6
Ron Wood
2010 LugerForum
Patron

Location: Santa Teresa New Mexico just outside of the West Texas town of El Paso
Thanked 5,164 Times in 1,700 Posts

I am curious. What damage to the gun happened during handling at the gun show caused a "99%" Luger to be devalued by $500? Did someone drop it?

Unread 03-25-2002, 10:35 PM   #7
tracyp
User

Guns were made to be handled. As long as it's not dinged up. Make sure it's wiped before it's put away. I use a silcon cloth.

Unread 03-26-2002, 12:55 AM   #8
mlm

Mint to visible wear (98% or so) I would call a $500 loss. That last percentage point is big in terms of value. The difference between a $1000 95% luger and a mint luger would be around $800-1200.

That last percentage point or two is extremely hard to achieve.