LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > New Collectors Forum

Unread 01-27-2006, 08:26 PM   #1
Minnepiper
User

Default Greetings Luger Folks

Thanks for letting me joing the boards.

I'm Dan Nixon from the Twin Cities. I guess I go by Minnepiper cause I play bagpipes.

I'm going to be looking for a shooter Luger. I guess I don't care much about numbers matching, but would like a good bore. wouldn't mind a war era vet bring back. If you have advice, lemme know. we also have some shows coming up in the next couple of months. i've just applied for my first permit to aquire since like 1993.

I still deer hunt, but haven't done much with military guns for 12-15 years. in the very early 90's I bought some military pistols out of shotgun news, like the $89 Bolo (w/chinese holster). It was so worn it would auto the whole magazine! The $75 hong kong police webley and a M1911, etc.

I think paying extra for the 'hand picked' is a racket. I could tell you about my #1 mk III Lithgow Enfield. Still, it bagged a few white tails. ha ha.

I'm a stranger to the Luger, but not German pistols. Gramps brought home a Star B (gotta find a new extracter), my bro has his in-law's P-38, and Step-pop has a PP-32 compliments of the Afrika Korps. Did every vet bring home a pistol? The star B was great for shooting pop cans until I lost that part.

Sorry for the ramble! Gonna play some catch-up on the forums.

cheers!
dan
Minnepiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2006, 09:48 PM   #2
Edward Tinker
Super Moderator
Eternal Lifer
LugerForum
Patron

Thanked 4,504 Times in 2,079 Posts

dan, glad you made it!

also decide, do you want a 9mm or 30 luger? both shoot and use same magaiznes, but 9mm is MUCH cheaper to shoot. 30 luger is a cheaper and you can get a nice one for a lot less... But a 9mm is what I think you are looking for?

eD
Author of Veteran Bring Backs Vol I, Vol II, Vol III and Vol IV

Edward Tinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2006, 06:07 PM   #3
pipeman45
User

Check out the for sale section. Sometimes these guys have to raise a little coin for a new toy. Who knows what they will pull out of the safe. Also they are good trustworthy guys (for the most part)
Unread 01-29-2006, 10:11 PM   #4
Gotmildots
New User

hello folks, i'm new here also. i'm a patrol deputy in central eastern virginia and have recently acquired a luger of my own. i've always been huge WWII history enthusiast so this is just a treat for me to learn and share information about my interests with other folks.
i don't have my luger with me at the moment but am looking to find out about how much it may be worth. i guess i just want to know for myself, but it is a beautiful weapon. I was told by a dealer at the Dixie classic gunshow that it was used during the war and all the part numbers that I can see match. It also has a tiny eagle printed on the barrel. I've shot it one time to the tune of three rounds just to prove to myself that it still fires and cycles properly. It was a present given to my by me well off landlords after I returned home from overseas in 2003. If anyone thinks that they have an idea of what it's worth, shoot me an email and I will send you some pictures of the weapon.
Anyways, I look forward to chatting and info-sharing with all of you down the road.
Thanx,
Ryan

-Tacitus
Gotmildots is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2006, 07:31 AM   #5
George Anderson
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,527 Times in 786 Posts

Ryan, what county are you in?
George Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2006, 11:26 AM   #6
John Sabato
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,304 Times in 1,096 Posts

Welcome to the Lugerforum

If you are not near George, but come close to Winchester... let me know. I will be glad to examine the gun for you in person...

"...We hold these truths to be self-evident that ALL men are created EQUAL and are endowed by their Creator with certain UNALIENABLE rights, and among these are life, LIBERTY, and the pursuit of happiness..."
John Sabato is offline   Reply With Quote