LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > Off Topic & Other Firearms

Unread 12-20-2003, 01:36 PM   #1
Stevie
User

Post Bauer .25 auto...Hey! I got it working

I got this tiny gun several years ago at a gunshow, and it has never been very reliable. New mags and different ammo were no help. I finely came to the conclusion that the extractor was worn out. I installed a new one from GunParts Corp and now she works(if you don't get your fat hand in the slides way). Now if I can only get my DWM 1920 P08 to be as reliable, all my guns will be working.

Stevie.
Stevie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2003, 05:58 PM   #2
Roadkill
User

Makes you feel good when you fix something. I've got a .25 Haenel/Schmeisser an uncle brought back from WWII, great little shooter and accurate but most likely just as dangerous to the shooter as the shotat, would be real easy to get a finger in the way. I got bored earlier this afternoon and finally pulled the magazine safety plunger out of a Browning High Power, the trigger was really crappy, feels much better. Wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. I'll try it out in a few days.

rk
Roadkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2003, 11:32 AM   #3
Stevie
User

The little Bauer and my Hi-power are the only pistols I own that incorporate mag saftys. I have to oil the top front of the Browning's magazine to get a decent trigger pull. The Bauer pistol is a copy of the Baby Browning(in stainless steel). I think I would prefer something a little bit bigger in a gunfight, but the Bauer .25 is a cutie.

Stevie
Unread 12-21-2003, 12:09 PM   #4
policeluger
RIP

You can easly remove the BHP mag safety and improve the trigger pull about 100%. If you need instruction please reply and I'll see if I can email you trough it.
policeluger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2003, 01:27 PM   #5
Stevie
User

It doesn't look too hard to do. I guess the pin to remove is the little one visable below the frame in the trigger(don't have to remove the trigger or trigger pivot pin?),square headed plunger and spring should pop out. Do you need to pull up on the trigger lever(thingy that pushes the lever in the slide) or remove it to let the plunger out? I got my skinny roll pin punch, tiny ballpeen hammer, and wood block ready( and my exploded parts picture).

Thanx, Stevie.
Unread 12-21-2003, 03:55 PM   #6
policeluger
RIP

You got it...I always remove the entire trigger, and gives me a chance too clean that area well, small roll pin and spring/plunger easer too take apart at that time, but you are right you do not need too remove the trigger completely....you'll be happer with the trigger pull..
policeluger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2003, 05:32 AM   #7
John -Melb
User

Stevie,
re. using a .25 in a gunfight. I remember an old soldier once telling me that the good part about a .25 is that it's likely to be with at times and in places that a bigger gun isn't.
He also said that a face-full of .25 slugs at your opponent gives you the edge in the fist-fight that follows!
John -Melb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2003, 03:23 PM   #8
Stevie
User

When I got the little Bauer, I wet to my Fathers farm and fired some shots into the side of a junk car. I can factualy state that the .25 auto will completely penetrate both doors(in one side and out the other) of a 74 Plymouth sedan. Thats 4 layers of fairly heavy guage steel. Somewhere I read an artical about a hand machined miniture Thompson sub gun chambered in .25ACP. Maybe the shooting public is missing something; I bet you could get a bunch of .25's into the grip of a Browning HiPower(maybe 4 rows of em).

Happy Holidays. Stevie.