LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Artillery Lugers

Unread 06-18-2004, 01:11 AM   #1
Danny R. Bowles
User

Post Artillery Luger w/snail drum

Hello All, Theres a web site www.whitestruckstop.com that has pictures of their collection. I saw it first hand last week and I had never seen a snail drum in person until then. They have all kinds of pistols and daggers.Civil war until now, Enjoy! Best to ya Danny
Unread 06-18-2004, 09:23 AM   #2
John Sabato
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,304 Times in 1,096 Posts
I have seen this arsenal behind glass many times while traversing Interstate 81 and passing through Raphine, VA. Quite an interesting collection... I doubt that the owner of the collection risks much by having them displayed on the wall of the truck stop restaurant... I would imagine that this facility is well protected against armed entry with the guns you CAN'T see.

Where in West by God Virginia (and say it "reverently" as my Dad would say) are you Danny?

"...We hold these truths to be self-evident that ALL men are created EQUAL and are endowed by their Creator with certain UNALIENABLE rights, and among these are life, LIBERTY, and the pursuit of happiness..."
John Sabato is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2004, 12:11 AM   #3
Danny R. Bowles
User

Hello John, Its a real shame Mr. White passed on , but as they say all our times are near. I bet he had some good stories about how he got those guns and daggers and how much he really gave for them. By the way John I,m in Beckley, West[BY GOD]Va. But I was raised as a kid on the oldest river,next to the Nile and the only river in the world to flow north, The New River.If you ever get this way give me an email before hand and I,ll show you my collection over what ever beverage you prefer. Best Regards Danny
Unread 06-23-2004, 08:22 AM   #4
George Anderson
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,527 Times in 786 Posts
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva">Originally posted by danny bowles:
<strong> But I was raised as a kid on the oldest river,next to the Nile and the only river in the world to flow north, The New River.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva">Danny, check out the Nile; it flows north, as does the Red River of the north in North Dakota.

You gotta get out of them hills more often.
George Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2004, 05:49 PM   #5
Frank H
User

And as does the St John's River in North east Florida.
Frank H is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2004, 06:26 PM   #6
Danny R. Bowles
User

Thanks for the info, I really did not know of those other rivers. I,ll call the National Park Service and tell them; Regards Danny