LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > General Discussions

Unread 02-08-2003, 04:09 PM   #1
Dwight Gruber
User

Thanked 1,298 Times in 428 Posts
Post Look-alikes and loading tools

Almost off topic, but--

Been having a hankerin' lately to shoot some .22, so this afternoon I picked up a shiny new Ruger Mk.II target model--same grip angle as a Luger, and has a Luger-creepy trigger pull, should benefit my Luger shooting in the long run.

Luger Content: Someone in the Ruger factory was clever enough to design the magazine button so that a Luger loading tool just fits over it. Its on the wrong side, but hey, any thumb saving is appreciated!

--Dwight
Dwight Gruber is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2003, 04:01 AM   #2
HÃ?Â¥kan Spuhr
User

Dwight

A good luger doenst have a creepy triggerpull.
It shall have a triggerpull that makes 99.5% of all other handguns owners very jelaus.

I have used my guns for competitions shotting quite extensivly and have a better triggerpull on my luger than i have on my custom 1911 or on my SIG P210.

Regards HÃ?Â¥kan
HÃ?Â¥kan Spuhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2003, 07:48 AM   #3
Dwight Gruber
User

Thanked 1,298 Times in 428 Posts
HÃ?Â¥kan,

My comment wasn't intended as a criticism of Luger trigger characteristics. I commonly shoot five of my Lugers, they all have long, creepy trigger pulls, all different. Iirc you are gunsmith and no doubt capable of fine-tuning your Luger's trigger pull, which I think is great. My Lugers are all straight off the battlefield; I am not a serious competition shooter, so I don't mind.

Rick,

I passed on a High Standard like yours (didn't have the fancy barrel) in favor of the Ruger. The High Standard is certainly a -much- finer firearm, but the grip angle is too different, after simply handling it for a little while and then switching back to a Luger the sight picture didn't automatically come up the same. That, and the aforementioned trigger similarity, made the Ruger the obvious choice.

The guy behihd the counter informed me that the grip on the High Standard was designed to be as much as possible like the Colt 1911 grip, for handling similarity in bullseye competition. If my shooter of preference was the Colt, I would have picked up the HS in a heartbeat.

--Dwight
Dwight Gruber is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2003, 08:27 AM   #4
Roadkill
User

Rick W., very nice gun. I had a Ruger bull barrel MKII for years, really learned to shoot a pistol with it, sent it on down the line though. Regarding .22s one of my favorites is an Anshutz
1451 with a 10X scope, absolute joy to shoot.

rk
Roadkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2003, 06:11 AM   #5
John Sabato
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,304 Times in 1,096 Posts
No apologies necessary for a slight diversion in topic Rick W.

In the future just use the Off Topic Icon to start your off topic post.

"...We hold these truths to be self-evident that ALL men are created EQUAL and are endowed by their Creator with certain UNALIENABLE rights, and among these are life, LIBERTY, and the pursuit of happiness..."
John Sabato is offline   Reply With Quote