LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > New Collectors Forum

Unread 11-16-2002, 12:10 PM   #1
ronin
User

Cool Grips, a simple question.

My gun has walnut grips for all i know.

They don't really look too bad to the sight but are not gripping the frame, both of them move quite freely back and forth.

One of the screws is all messed up and i haven't dared yet to try and see if it can be unscrewed but it's head is so beaten up that it looks like it will take a lot of sweating and swearing to remove it, i�´ll get to that bridge when i'll have to cross it.

In the meantime I wonder what kind of grips should i seek for my gun. Are grips standard (from the inside) or do they have diiferent grooves and lands.

It just occurred to me that i should do a better effort in identifying more precisely what kind of P08 have i got. So far it's just military, different numbers as in 2 sets and DMW 1913 /20.

It pains me to talk about keeping it cheap and having a gun properly named "crappy", i�´m more used to higher roads but these are hard times for me and the passion for certain firearms just can�´t be turned off like a light so i must roll with the punches and do my best to keep in the game.

0-0

Sorry guys to ask these
ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2002, 12:36 AM   #2
Hugh
RIP

Ronin,

Luger grips are pretty much standard, except for the "grip safety" models. There is a very narrow and fragile ridge of wood on the front inside that is prone to breaking off. This ridge of wood fits inside the front of the frame to help position the grip. If it breaks, the grips will move.The wood of the grips will often shrink with age and the grips will get loose. Sometimes they can be tightened by placing a small piece of thin cardboard or plastic in the groove of the frame that the top of the grip fits into to tighten the fit.
Unread 11-18-2002, 12:21 PM   #3
ronin
User

Talking

Roger Wilco

0-0
ronin is offline   Reply With Quote