LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 04-01-2002, 10:05 PM   #1
ccmano
User

Default Where to purchase authenic Luger Grip?

Some of you may have noticed that the left grip on the 1927 DWM Police Luger I posted below was broken off at the upper right corner under the safety. Apparently a common malidy.

Does anyone have a source for a genuine replacement, not a new reproduction, but something worn in approx. the same manner.

TIA.

Hans

Unread 04-01-2002, 10:26 PM   #2
R. Grady/Roadkill

Default Re: Where to purchase authenic Luger Grip?

Without doing gunshows, recommend you contact Hugh Clark or T. Heller, if they don't have them they know where to find them, Thor also, sets are always coming up on ebay. Hard to tell by pictures sometimes though. In the links there is the "want to buy section" .

Roadkill

Unread 04-01-2002, 11:01 PM   #3
Thor
User

Find More Posts by Thor
Unread 04-02-2002, 09:13 AM   #4
Art Buchanan

I have replaced dozens missing of safety chips on left grips. Some have been high $ Lugers. I do it with wood not putty or wood filler. Not looking for work---but will fix your grip if you are interested. $25

Unread 04-02-2002, 10:11 AM   #5
R. Grady/Roadkill

If you keep on posting pictures of your reworks its going to cost me some $ I don't have. Please show a little consideration for those of us who don't have guns that look like that. Everytime I see one the little wheels start turning on how to get mine done.

Roadkill

Unread 04-02-2002, 10:27 AM   #6
Wm. "Pete" Ebbink

Default WOL Grips...

Ralph Shattuck's WOL's lists some German replicas for $ 75.00.

Has anyone seen these ?

Unread 04-02-2002, 10:28 AM   #7
Thor
User

Sorry, I guess I could just crop the grips out so people could see a pair of Nills. Thor

Unread 04-02-2002, 10:29 AM   #8
Thor
User

Default Re: WOL Grips...

I think he is using the Nill Grips too, they do fit the best. Thor

Unread 04-02-2002, 10:38 AM   #9
John Sabato
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,304 Times in 1,096 Posts
Default Don't sweat it Thor, he is Already hooked! Post Away! (EOM)

Unread 04-02-2002, 10:42 AM   #10
Ron Wood
2010 LugerForum
Patron

Location: Santa Teresa New Mexico just outside of the West Texas town of El Paso
Thanked 5,090 Times in 1,675 Posts
Default Fix the one you have

You have acquired a nice Luger at a reasonable price. If the grip matches the gun (or even if it doesn't) in my opinion it would be better to spend the money on having it repaired. I'll bet Art can make a repair that you would have a hard time detecting, and the grips would stay in character with the gun. Just my $0.02.

Unread 04-02-2002, 10:44 AM   #11
Thor
User

Default Re: Fix the one you have

I agree with Ron! However, I have seen Hugh find a grip that matches another before! He is a amazing too! Thor

Unread 04-02-2002, 11:37 AM   #12
R. Grady/Roadkill

Default Re: Don't sweat it Thor, he is Already hooked! Post Away!

Thanks for the help John. Ya'll are not the support group I need to keep this "affliction" under control. My lawnmower won't start, my 85 Dodge PU is in the shop (again), I need a new roof on the house & garage, my wife is not friendly when the gun subject comes up, she's also learning to tell them apart so I can't use the "I've had that one for years" deal and the "I nearly died from the Humvee" is getting a little old. Show a little pity.

Roadkill

Unread 04-02-2002, 11:55 AM   #13

Default Re: Fix the one you have

My recent 1936 Mauser shooter has a butchered left grip, evidently a previous owner had small hands and was trying to reduce the size--the right one is perfect. I've ordered a replacement set from Ajax. If the Ajax grips are OK, I may have a right grip for sale or trade or ?

Al

Unread 04-02-2002, 12:56 PM   #14
Marvin
User

Hans,

Send an e-mail request to Tom Heller. many times he can help out with a nice set of grips.

marvin

Unread 04-02-2002, 01:48 PM   #15
Marilyn

Art...any chance to show a before and after picture of your grip repair job ? I'll volunteer a grip with the " million dollar" chip. ;>)

Unread 04-02-2002, 04:25 PM   #16
Art Buchanan

Marilyn--I have scanned some grips with fixed chip. Now not smart enough to post it with this message. If you want to provide the grip--I will scan it before fix and again after. At the risk of advertising here as some seem to do--[I am certainly not looking for more work] I will fix your qrip "on the house" to use as an example. I will send scan of 2 fixed grips to seriously interested folks via email attachment. Thanks for your interest MM. Marilyn---you are new to the forum aren"t you? Wife and I have good friend with that name and your post made me think of her. Let me know if you want an email scan and your grip fixed.

Unread 04-02-2002, 09:33 PM   #17
Marilyn

Art, thank you for your generous offer, I will gladly send you my grip for an example of before and after....Yes, I'm new to the Forum; I've only been collecting for a few years and have been a little shy to join in the Forum surrounded by such knowledge collectors. However with the advice to other newbies, I'm encouraged to come out of the "fringe" and ask some questions about a couple of lugers that I've aquired on a separate thread or maybe you can help me identify a Mauser Eagle I've acquired, via e- mail?

Unread 04-03-2002, 01:24 PM   #18
John Sabato
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,304 Times in 1,096 Posts
Default Welcome to the Lugerforum Marilyn - Don't be shy </strong>
			</div>
			<hr size=
Newbies are very welcome here. We don't have many ladies among the members of the forum, and Membership is free in case you didn't know.

The purpose of this site is to share our collective knowledge on the engineering marvel known commonly as the Luger Pistol,it's many variations, it's history and use. Our members are from all over the globe. All are welcome regardless of the level of your Luger knowledge and so are all questions. I recommend that you read the "Forum Decorum" document to familiarize yourself with the very few rules that we have here to keep this a civilized forum. I feel we are unique among the internet firearms websites. Honor and manners abound here.

This site has a search function which can be used to see if your question has already been answered in a previous thread. Feel free to ask any question about Lugers, chances are someone here will either know the answer, or know where to find it.

You are invited to open a user profile ( see top of the message board page). Read a few like Dok's (the webmaster) and mine, to see examples of what you might want to put there and be sure to reveal only that information that you are comfortable posting in a public place - some post nothing - but that is certainly no fun - this is a friendly crowd. Opening a profile locks your userID "Marilyn" so no one else can post as you.

You are also invited to send in a photo of yourself for the "Rogues Gallery" and photos of your Lugers for the "Owner's Corner" - these two privileges are only open to those who open a profile.

We look forward to hearing from you here on the forum.

Mr. Art Buchanan is a very knowledgable and well known collector and I am sure he will make your grip look like there never was a chip in them...

NOW, take us to your Lugers! What kind do you own?

Once again, welcome.

regards,

John Sabato

Unread 04-03-2002, 02:34 PM   #19
66mustang

Default I am glad John gave you a nice

welcome, we do like to see new memebers. Many times people drop by and then we don't hear from them, and you might have something that really interests us! An unusual Luger variation, a marking on a holster that is interesting, etc. Or like me, I have a few run of the mill Lugers and can learn before I buy a more expensive gun.

History, history of the guns is the cool thing.

Ed