LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > All P-08 Military Lugers

Unread 09-11-2016, 05:17 PM   #1
Mister Sunshine
User

Default Some questions on spring

I have a question but I don't know where to ask it so I will try here. On the page marked Parabellus Pics there is a picture, # 20 which shows the trigger plate being supported [ if that's the right word] by a bent spring held in place by a screw. Could someone tell my what the spring is for? A friend has a Luger with this feature. Another question. When did the first Lugers appear in which the toggle was held open when the last shot fired?
Mister Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2016, 06:39 PM   #2
Mister Sunshine
User

sheep herder, if you go to the Parebellus pix first page, second row from the bottom there are three pictures of the pistol, click on the picture and it gives you the number. It says the pistol is a 1920DWM. You can see the bent spring I was referring to.Thanks
Unread 09-11-2016, 10:49 PM   #3
4 Scale
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Sunshine View Post
I have a question but I don't know where to ask it so I will try here. On the page marked Parabellus Pics...
I suggest you start a thread in the New Collectors forum and ask your question there, and copy/paste a picture of the pistol in question.

I don't know a page called 'Parabellus Pics', but from your description it sounds like it might be a police Luger sear safety. You might try searching either the web or the site for information on those. Welcome and good luck in your quest.
4 Scale is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2016, 03:31 PM   #4
Mister Sunshine
User

4scale, I joined this site over the weekend so I am asking you to be patient with me. If you look at the top of the page and click on All Albums then click on the picture top left that says Parabellus Pix a page will pop up showing a display of many pistols. If you look at the second row from the bottom you will see what I talking about. There are four pictures of the pistol with the feature I am talking about. The reason I am asking this question is a friend has a Luger with this feature and I had never seen it before. I don't think it has anything to do with the safety.
Unread 09-12-2016, 05:37 PM   #5
kurusu
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Sunshine View Post
4scale, I joined this site over the weekend so I am asking you to be patient with me. If you look at the top of the page and click on All Albums then click on the picture top left that says Parabellus Pix a page will pop up showing a display of many pistols. If you look at the second row from the bottom you will see what I talking about. There are four pictures of the pistol with the feature I am talking about. The reason I am asking this question is a friend has a Luger with this feature and I had never seen it before. I don't think it has anything to do with the safety.
Didn't look at the picture. But from your description it seems to be a sear safety(found on police issued Lugers).

You should maybe read all the information available in this forum first and ask the questions later.
kurusu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2016, 07:16 PM   #6
Mister Sunshine
User

Sorry 'bout that super moderater. I will not do it again.