LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > General Discussions

Unread 03-10-2011, 01:57 PM   #1
awesome
User

Default Opinion and advice

Hello luger fans!
I have been registered to forum for some time, but also, regretfully, for some time have been inactive. After I spent few months on forum almost daily, I felt a need to post some of my opinions, that, I hope , be usefull for some forum members.

First of all I would like to thank to all falks that regulary answers the questions. We all know who they are and I am not telling they names because I don't want to forgot someone. I learned a lot here on the forum, surely would learn a lot more, and anyone who came to forum, no matter of his previous knowledge, can only learn something more.

I am telling this from my personal experience, because I know something on weapons, proffessionaly and privately, and still I only found myself on forum in only reading the answers and comments without need to comment. For two reasons, because the amount of facts is far larger then mine, and because everything said in intention to explain something is correct. Not only the facts of Luger but also another things concerning other weapons, maintence, reloading, shooting.... so this forum is reliable, if anything.

Further, I want to tell some things:

- I think there is no need for newbies, and people who come on forum for the first time, or just only once to evaluate their weapons, to fake the stories or background of a weapon. As I understand everyone of old members is willing to help and to give the right answer no matter for what reason. So you can say „I'm not luger fan, got one, want to sell it, want to know how much it worth“ and you will got the answer. Old members would see a new piece, maybe interesting one, would collect some information for they research, maybe even got a chance to buy it and someone would get right information.

- What was said numerous times is a truth, before one ask a question one should learn some basics through a FAQ, from knowledgable friends or some other source, just to know what he wants, and what exactly he asks.

- Got advice for amateur photographers – recently someone on a forum give advice to shoot pictures not in direct light but rather in a shadow, a nd that is good advice. But I saw that many falks put a weapon on white background which is wrong because the contrast of black metal nad white background is too strong and shooting object became too dark with no visible details (except when object is majority of picture and camera adjust contrast depending on it). It is much better to have somewhat darker background (blue, green or so) and not smooth and shiny. Even if background is black, if it is shiny it's ruining the picture and give wrong contrast. Also the camera shouldn't be hold directly over the detail we want to shoot but somewhat aside, so you should't shoot object at the angle of 90°, but at smaller angle. Try few shots and find the best distance, angle and illumination. With enaugh light you can get excellent pictures with most common camera and without a tripod.
awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 3 members says Thank You to awesome for your post: