LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > General Discussions

Unread 04-14-2015, 02:32 AM   #21
ithacaartist
Twice a Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,476 Times in 1,319 Posts

Mostly by price! The "Blow-back" version is the one that cycles the toggle, and the listings would mention that because it's a selling-point. Ordinarily, you'll only see the stationary toggle version for under a hundred bucks, averaging closer to $60.
Unread 04-14-2015, 04:18 PM   #22
cliffdropover1
User

And the one with the working toggle is so much cooler. (Just like the real thing)
cliffdropover1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The following member says Thank You to cliffdropover1 for your post:
Unread 04-15-2015, 12:32 AM   #23
Zorba
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ithacaartist View Post
Mostly by price! The "Blow-back" version is the one that cycles the toggle, and the listings would mention that because it's a selling-point. Ordinarily, you'll only see the stationary toggle version for under a hundred bucks, averaging closer to $60.
Yep - I think I paid something like $63 from Amazon for my stationary toggle version - BRAND NEW.
Zorba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2015, 03:41 PM   #24
rhuff
Patron
LugerForum
Patron

Quote:
Originally Posted by zormpas View Post
Yep - I think I paid something like $63 from Amazon for my stationary toggle version - BRAND NEW.

Does your model breakdown/field strip like an original P08? Do the grips come off? I have never handled the model that you own.
rhuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2015, 06:06 PM   #25
cliffdropover1
User

Out of curiosity I wanted to see if this BB Luger would take a shoulder stock. I tried an original I have and alas it would not. I don't know if this would have created an illegal BB gun (I was NOT trying to do that) but anyway it would have been cool if it fit.
The following member says Thank You to cliffdropover1 for your post:
Unread 04-18-2015, 04:37 AM   #26
Zorba
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhuff View Post
Does your model breakdown/field strip like an original P08? Do the grips come off? I have never handled the model that you own.
Grips come off, mag comes out although its way different inside. The rest of it doesn't (readily) come apart, although from 2 feet away its VERY hard to tell it apart from the real thing. It even looks like a shoulder stock would fit, although given
cliffdropover1's experience, who knows?

The grips won't interchange, although they're VERY close and probably could be crossed with a bit of work.
Zorba is offline   Reply With Quote
The following member says Thank You to Zorba for your post:
Unread 04-18-2015, 09:34 AM   #27
cliffdropover1
User

I wondered about the grips too. And perhaps with a bit of work the shoulder stock could be made to fit too, but I hesitate messing something up. Either way it is still one of the coolest BB guns around. (Maybe Umarex will offer it with a stock some day.)
Unread 04-18-2015, 03:18 PM   #28
rhuff
Patron
LugerForum
Patron

There is a fella on ebay selling P08 grips made in Australia. On his ad, he shows a Umarex blowback P08 with his grips installed. He plainly states that his grips are NOT a drop on grip, and they have to be fitted to the individual P08.

I had wondered about the shoulder stock fitting. That promo offer from Airgun Depot that came with my P08 for buy one, get one free was a nice offer. I received my two(2) boxes of 25 each CO2 cylinders for $14.95!! That is a smokin deal as far as I am concerned..... $.30/cylinder.
The following member says Thank You to rhuff for your post:
Unread 05-04-2015, 06:16 PM   #29
rhuff
Patron
LugerForum
Patron

Just a quick update on my new "Luger"

I had only fired it right after I received it. I field stripped it and lubed it up., and ran two(2) CO2 cylinders worth through it. Well, today I decided it was time for some shooting practice. It was a total jam-a-matic from the get go. I got off a few rounds and them it started malfunctioning. I placed a new CO2 cylinder in it, but the other was not totally empty. I had to keep removing the upper to retrieve the BBs that were jamming things up. Then it stopped resetting the trigger after it was fired. Lastly, I pulled the upper off to check things out, and the upper would not go back on correctly. At that point with a 1 month old, only shot twice, new airgun, I called customer service.

At first, the young man sort of wanted ME to be the problem. We got that corrected quickly. Anyway, I sent it back to Umarex on MY nickel for evaluation/service/replacement. So any of you folks that have not run a fair amount of BBs through your P08, you might just want to do it. There is only a 90 day warranty.

I will keep you informed as to how good Umarex customer service actually preforms.
Unread 05-05-2015, 07:49 AM   #30
cliffdropover1
User

Sorry to hear about your problems. I have heard that the gun should not be taken apart as this can cause problems. Also, if a CO2 cylinder is allowed to run completely dry it can cause a bb to jam.
Apparently this is true of many /most CO2 guns. When you notice the gun is starting to shoot weakly it is time to change cylinders. I have recently taken mine to a range and shot and shot it with no problems. Good luck. I hope your problems are fixed.
Unread 05-05-2015, 02:29 PM   #31
rhuff
Patron
LugerForum
Patron

I only disassembled it to a normal field stripping state. I did not take anything else apart. This is how the owner's manual has one do to lubricate the moving/sliding parts......anyway that is how I read it. I didn't try to change or "improve" anything, just apply a bit of oil where needed. I also found some areas on the underside of the slide/cannon assy near the rear where the metal is really getting beaten up. It is happening when the toggle train cycles and stops in full rearward movement. Look at the pivot point area of the rear section of the toggle. That metal looks really soft to me. Perhaps it doesn't matter, but is bothersome to my eyes.
Unread 05-05-2015, 03:31 PM   #32
cliffdropover1
User

So far no problems with mine. (I think we should say "problems" and not "issues". Anyway I do hope Umarex will take care of you. Let us know.
Unread 05-06-2015, 02:43 PM   #33
rhuff
Patron
LugerForum
Patron

My P08 should arrive at the Umarex facility tomorrow. I have no idea of a time factor after it arrives. I will keep all up to date as information is known. I do hope that things can be worked out and it can be repaired/replaced. I really like the concept and build quality. Time will tell.
Unread 05-24-2015, 04:42 PM   #34
rhuff
Patron
LugerForum
Patron

UPDATE

My P08 blowback pistol had broken a part(? defective part) and Umarex USA has NO P08 parts for repair of these pistols....at least at this time. Customer service is going to send me a new P08 pistol.

There was a bit of confusion on Umarex's paperwork. but the nice lady(Mary) just had me email a copy of my sales receipt and that cleared up everything.

Hopefully, I will receive it late next week. At this point, I have to say CS at Umarex is excellent. I hope that I am correct on my assessment.
Unread 05-30-2015, 04:37 PM   #35
rhuff
Patron
LugerForum
Patron

My new replacement P-08 blowback arrived yesterday. I gave it a go this morning. The difference between my original pistol and this replacement is like night and day!! I ran two(2) CO2 cylinders throught it......This one works 100% with no malfunctions....it was lubricated well at the factory(mine was dry as a bone). the mag fits nicely in the mag well, etc. I am very pleased with this P-08 and Umarex Customer Service.
Unread 05-30-2015, 11:32 PM   #36
Sammler
User

Default Broom BB pistol

If you like the P. 08 Umarex CO2 BB pistol. Try the M712 CO2 pistol (broom handle) which is a full- auto/semi -auto blowback pistol with an 18 round magazine. Yes, FULL auto or semiautomatic with the flip of a lever. 177 caliber BBs have a velocity of 360 fps. The P. 08 (non blowback) has a velocity of 410 fps, and the blowback P. 08 has a velocity of 300 fps.
Sammler is offline   Reply With Quote
The following member says Thank You to Sammler for your post:
Unread 05-31-2015, 01:47 PM   #37
Mac Cat
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

I have played around with few Daisy CO2 pistols, semi-auto BBs or single fire pellet (I live in Arkansas, so I went to the Daisy factory in Rogers, AR).

With the Dasiy, I have never had a jam, but they seem to have a lot of problems with the CO2 seal. Daisy happily sent replacement o-rings, but even that hasn't helped for very long. The ring and or the gas port seem to freeze. Of course, I'm using them in an outdoor and changing humidity environment (garage and yard). In the past, I used to shoot in my basement, which was much drier and I had better luck.

I'm wondering if Umarex has a similar problems.
Mac Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2015, 01:51 PM   #38
alvin
User

I had a Walther PPK like BB gun. Semi auto, and that slide did move back and forth when "firing" so gives a recoil feeling. It's very cool. Bought from Walmart. Forgot the price... $50 or $60 probably. Used it in basement a few times. But my spouse hates the noise that she heard in kitchen so I gave it to someone else a couple years later.
alvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2015, 02:32 PM   #39
rhuff
Patron
LugerForum
Patron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammler View Post
If you like the P. 08 Umarex CO2 BB pistol. Try the M712 CO2 pistol (broom handle) which is a full- auto/semi -auto blowback pistol with an 18 round magazine. Yes, FULL auto or semiautomatic with the flip of a lever. 177 caliber BBs have a velocity of 360 fps. The P. 08 (non blowback) has a velocity of 410 fps, and the blowback P. 08 has a velocity of 300 fps.

My mind has been wandering over toward this very pistol(M712). Now that I am comfortable with Umarex quality and CS, I am considering their other products. The full auto sounds like a lot of fun!! That could give my packrats a hard time.
Unread 05-31-2015, 02:37 PM   #40
rhuff
Patron
LugerForum
Patron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac Cat View Post
I have played around with few Daisy CO2 pistols, semi-auto BBs or single fire pellet (I live in Arkansas, so I went to the Daisy factory in Rogers, AR).

With the Dasiy, I have never had a jam, but they seem to have a lot of problems with the CO2 seal. Daisy happily sent replacement o-rings, but even that hasn't helped for very long. The ring and or the gas port seem to freeze. Of course, I'm using them in an outdoor and changing humidity environment (garage and yard). In the past, I used to shoot in my basement, which was much drier and I had better luck.

I'm wondering if Umarex has a similar problems.

I own two(2) CO2 Daisy products, and both have the very problem you describe. I have pretty much given up on them. Only time will tell on this Umarex product. Umarex tells you to put a drop or two of non-petroleum oil on the tip of the CO2 cylinder before installing it into the gun. I assume that this is to help keep the seal in good condition.