LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > General Discussions

Unread 04-02-2015, 11:12 PM   #1
cliffdropover1
User

Default Luger semi-auto BB gun

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't know if a semi-auto BB gun fits here and I apologize if I am in the wrong place. However, that being said, I saw an add for a new Luger semi-auto BB gun by Umarex that works exactly like a "real" Luger. I had to have one and I am greatly impressed. I have two of the "real" thing and this BB gun feels weighs works and even dismantles like the "real" thing. Accurate too. It looks like that Luger that was first issued new to that soldier many years ago. Impressive.
cliffdropover1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2015, 11:16 PM   #2
sheepherder
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 4,438 Times in 2,327 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffdropover1 View Post
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't know if a semi-auto BB gun fits here and I apologize if I am in the wrong place. However, that being said, I saw an add for a new Luger semi-auto BB gun by Umarex that works exactly like a "real" Luger. I had to have one and I am greatly impressed. I have two of the "real" thing and this BB gun feels weighs works and even dismantles like the "real" thing. Accurate too. It looks like that Luger that was first issued new to that soldier many years ago. Impressive.
How 'bout pictures???
sheepherder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2015, 11:19 PM   #3
tomaustin
Lifer X5
Lifetime Forum
Patron

I got one last year......it is a hoot to shoot..............
tomaustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2015, 01:45 PM   #4
cliffdropover1
User

Default Pictures

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0504 Quick e-mail view.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	77.3 KB
ID:	47800
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0505 Quick e-mail view.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	72.2 KB
ID:	47801
Unread 04-03-2015, 01:58 PM   #5
Arizona Slim
Patron
LugerForum
Patron

Pretty impressive looking Cliff, if you don't mind my asking what was the price and where can one be purchased?

Lon

Last edited by Arizona Slim; 05-24-2015 at 11:19 PM. Reason: left out word
Arizona Slim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2015, 02:14 PM   #6
Zorba
User

I have the "non working toggle" version of that - it looks great and shoots fantastic!
Zorba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2015, 02:50 PM   #7
rhuff
Patron
LugerForum
Patron

I have a question. Will these Lugers hold pressure( CO2 pressure) for a while after the cylinder is punctured, or will it all be gone in a day or two? I would like to have one for "packrats", but it needs to hold it's pressure for a while.
rhuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2015, 05:12 PM   #8
sheepherder
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 4,438 Times in 2,327 Posts

Looks pretty good!

Is it a CO2 cartridge-actuated BB gun???
sheepherder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2015, 07:10 PM   #9
cliffdropover1
User

The price was 109.47 from Amazon. When you are over $35.00 the shipping is free thus it beat Midway's price. I have had a CO2 cartridge in it since March 27 and it is still working at full power just fine. It is in the Legends series from Umarex. The C02 cartridge fits in the removable magazine and so do 21 BB's. The mag is drop free and they give you a large allen wrench to tighten the well hidden screw in the bottom of the mag. to puncture the CO2 cartridge. I bought some paint ball gun lube to use on the 0-rings. I assume this is ok on CO2 guns too as paintball uses CO2 also. (By the way the mag is released by the mag button just like on the "real" luger.) and the CO2 also activates the working toggle. It just couldn't get any closer to a "real" luger and still be a BB gun. (If you get an extra mag. then you can have a new CO2 cartridge and a new supply of BB's) Maybe it is a "real" luger???
The following 5 members says Thank You to cliffdropover1 for your post:
Unread 04-04-2015, 02:29 PM   #10
rhuff
Patron
LugerForum
Patron

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffdropover1 View Post
The price was 109.47 from Amazon. When you are over $35.00 the shipping is free thus it beat Midway's price. I have had a CO2 cartridge in it since March 27 and it is still working at full power just fine. It is in the Legends series from Umarex. The C02 cartridge fits in the removable magazine and so do 21 BB's. The mag is drop free and they give you a large allen wrench to tighten the well hidden screw in the bottom of the mag. to puncture the CO2 cartridge. I bought some paint ball gun lube to use on the 0-rings. I assume this is ok on CO2 guns too as paintball uses CO2 also. (By the way the mag is released by the mag button just like on the "real" luger.) and the CO2 also activates the working toggle. It just couldn't get any closer to a "real" luger and still be a BB gun. (If you get an extra mag. then you can have a new CO2 cartridge and a new supply of BB's) Maybe it is a "real" luger???

Thanks for the info. I believe that I can see one of these in my very near future. I own a replica S&W Mod 59 that uses CO2 and BBs, and it won't hold CO2 pressure for more than a day. That just won't work out for what I need. If this "Luger" will hold the gas pressure for a number of days and continue to function.....well, I just might have to take a trip over to Amazon and see about an "Easter present" for me!!
Unread 04-04-2015, 03:04 PM   #11
rhuff
Patron
LugerForum
Patron

Wink

I am sooo weak!! I just caved in and purchased one from Amazon and got free shipping. They only had 8 left when I ordered mine. I think this will be a fun thing to have, and it will serve my purpose just fine. Thanks for the info....it was just the "nudge" that I needed.
Unread 04-04-2015, 03:17 PM   #12
cliffdropover1
User

Congratulations. I think you will enjoy it. (FUN) Umarex makes good stuff. (Nope, I don't work for them, but maybe I should.)
Unread 04-04-2015, 11:11 PM   #13
Zorba
User

Mine holds pressure for weeks on end - however, Umarex states in the manual for my gun NOT to leave it pressurized for long periods as something bad happens to the seals eventually...
Zorba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2015, 12:31 PM   #14
SteveM
User

Here is a review if you haven't seen it already.

http://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/Legend...ull_Metal/3485
SteveM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2015, 02:48 PM   #15
rhuff
Patron
LugerForum
Patron

[QUOTE=cliffdropover1;269739. I bought some paint ball gun lube to use on the 0-rings. I assume this is ok on CO2 guns too as paintball uses CO2 [/QUOTE]

If you don't mind me asking, where are the "O" rings on this pistol? Do I have to disassemble it to lube them? Are there other lubes that will work, as I own many types of lubes. I have a "spring" pellet rifle(Beeman), but it doesn't require much maintenance, and shoots really hard.

From the videos that I watched, this blowback model has an authentic type trigger with approx. 3 1/2 lb. trigger pull.....single action. I believe that this differs from the other model, but I don't know that for sure. I am looking forward to receiving it......any new gun is a "good" gun.
Unread 04-05-2015, 05:09 PM   #16
cliffdropover1
User

Yes it does differ from the earlier model in that this model is indeed blowback. I am not an expert on CO2 pistols but I have read that you put a drop of oil on the top of the CO2 cartridge before inserting it (the part that gets punctured) and that keeps the 0-ring lubed and prevents it from drying out. (The owner's manual shows a graphic of the place to apply the lube.) Most use a silicone lube because a gun that uses air and not CO2 forces the air through a small aperture and this heats up and could cause a petroleum based lube to ignite. It is NOT recommended that this pistol be disassembled. One can take the slide off, but don't go any further than that. I think you will have great fun with it.
Unread 04-06-2015, 02:30 PM   #17
rhuff
Patron
LugerForum
Patron

Thanx for all of the information. I am not well versed on these CO2 pistols, but plan to do some reading. I am looking forward to it's arrival.
Unread 04-12-2015, 05:47 PM   #18
rhuff
Patron
LugerForum
Patron

Cliff,

You were sure correct in recommending this Legends P08. I received mine and read the manual carefully. Then I field stripped it (just like a P08 in breakdown). I lubed it(very dry) in mostly the same places that I lube my P08s. Whoever engineered this pistol, well he did a wonderful job!! So many items are accurate to the real item.

What a hoot to shoot. I ran through 2 CO2 cylinders and really got the feel for this pistol. What a nice trigger pull....nicer than on my Lugers. I was shooting at 25-30 feet and getting approx. 3 1/2in. groups. Not bad for shooting round balls through a smooth bore.

So in summation, if one wants an inexpensive shooter "Luger" that feels and handles correctly, plus you can shoot cheaply and functions very reliably.....then this product is one you should look into.....just NOT if you want to shoot at 25 YARDS!!

I am more than pleased with this product.
The following 3 members says Thank You to rhuff for your post:
Unread 04-13-2015, 08:01 PM   #19
cliffdropover1
User

Glad you like it. Thanks for the kind words.
Unread 04-13-2015, 08:12 PM   #20
aldo35
User

Default BB Luger

There is a similar pistol on eBay for under $70. How do you tell the difference between active and inert toggle?

Aldo35
aldo35 is offline   Reply With Quote