LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 08-04-2001, 05:13 PM   #1
Uncle Mike
User

Default CADA Show :Chicago area

Hi,just thought I'd report on what was going on at the Cada show this week end.I saw quite a few lugers but not much in the way of sales.One of the bigger dealers was laying low and only had a few lugers.Another dealer with a lot of Lugers kept leaving his table and didn't want to help customers.He was selling a lot of holsters.I saw quite a few lugers with matching numbers but mismatched grips.There was a lot of stocked Lugers and 96 Mausers and some reblues peddled as originals,some Navys but very few artileries.Regards,MC

Unread 08-05-2001, 12:00 AM   #2
Big Norm
RIP

Default Re: CADA Show :Chicago area

Jeez! With all that I gave heard about Chicago, Mayor Daly and his Storm Troupers, I would think that gun people would be avoiding that place.

But be thankful that there are any gun shows. I live in Michigan and there just is not anything worth while in this state. Few Lugers, and Navies and Artilleries are non existant.

Now with the Ohio Gun Collector Association moving way down to Southern Ohio, I am having a panic attack.Withdrawal is going to be tougher than giving up cigarettes.

Big Norm

Unread 08-05-2001, 08:55 PM   #3
Uncle Mike
User

Default Geography lessons 101 :-]

Big Norm it's easy just hold your shows in another county,republican stronghold Dupage Cnty.If there is another more screwed up place then Daley's Peoples Republic of Chicago I haven't seen it. MC

Unread 08-08-2001, 04:06 PM   #4
Big Norm
RIP

Default Re: Geography lessons 101 :-]

Mike,

I agree. I did not know that the CADA show was outside Chicago. Now that the Ohio Gun Collectors Association (OGCA) has moved to Southern Ohio and is too far for me to go to, maybe the CADA show is the answer to my loneliness. Maybe I can go to that show. Do you have more information on its location for a guy who lives in the Detroit area? What does CADA stand for? Is the show open to the public?

Big Norm

Unread 08-08-2001, 05:03 PM   #5
Uncle Mike
User

Default Gun Shows

Big Norm look in the Gun List I found a big ad for gun shows all over Michigan(www.migunshows.com).If you don't get the Gun List try www.gunlist.net .By the way CADA stands for' Dealers and Collectors Ass'.Hope this is a help,MC

Unread 08-09-2001, 12:41 AM   #6
Big Norm
RIP

Default Re: Gun Shows

Mike,

I get the Gun List mag and have seen all the Michigan gun shows in Southern Michigan. With the exception of the Novi Antique Collectors show, there is not anything worth the price of admission. Most are small and feature military surplus stuff knifes and medals. My Luger collecting friends and I have just about given up on them. Once in a while we get cabin fever and go to one. When I take some Lugers to these shows, the dealers are stunned. None of them are buyng. And the few that are selling only have mismatched Lugers at collector quality prices.

Big Norm

Unread 08-10-2001, 08:53 PM   #7
Uncle Mike
User

Hi Big Norm,I thought I had it bad until I saw your post.I was complaining and I saw about 50 Lugers.Hope things change in your neck of the woods.If I hear of any good shows coming up I'll give you a holler.MC

Unread 08-13-2001, 11:02 PM   #8
Big Norm
RIP

Normally I winterize my motorhome after deer season. And this winter I might take the last step in selling off my business in real estate (depending on economic situations). After that I may try to use my motorhome to visit shows in other parts of the country. I hear that the Louisvile, KY is good and there is another in PA that is good. Maybe the OGCA will find a second sight in northern Ohio that the many Michigan gun people can go to. I would like to dig into the location of the CADA show and hear more about it. That may be a 4 hour trip, depending. Anybody want to give a recommendation on that show?

I am going to miss that OGCA show. I met a lot of good people there. I think that I only missed three shows in nine years. I always had fun even when I did not buy anything.

The Novi, Michigan show is OK but it does not compare to the OGCA show at the IX center in Ohio. Plus, I only live a mile from the Novi show.

Buying on the internet is just not as much fun as going to a good gun show.

Unread 08-13-2001, 11:17 PM   #9
BILL
User

Internet buying isn't any fun at all since there is very little interaction between you and the seller. He sets a price, you pay it, you get your Luger delivered, end of fun. On the other hand, the crap that I see at gun shows and the jerks who have Lugers but know nothing about them (except that they are really, really rare and very expensive and everyone wants one) also leave me a little frustrated. I agree, a motor home and hitting all the big shows in the country would be a cool thing to do. I am sure you would find the good shows at the right time of year and start seeing some of the folks that do the same thing. Sounds like a good cure for the gun show blues.

Unread 08-14-2001, 10:23 PM   #10
Tracy

Norm the Kansas City MO shows in July and January are really good. NAPCA has a yearly convention with the January show. Lots of Lugers and other goodies there.