LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > General Discussions

Unread 02-20-2011, 03:04 PM   #1
cirelaw
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 4,133 Times in 2,173 Posts

Vern, I agree its really not a singular book or writer but a set of books covering and specializing groups of books. That is why I stoped posting individual works. By nameing only a few, its perceived we are excluding others. The best I will do is name a group as each presents itself with its own perspective. Jan saw this monumental tast doing His best to approash a given period of Luger History instead of one particular brand make or model. Brilliant!That is why a book like 'Luger At Random' at least opens ones eyes that there are even more that still needs to be adressed and Jans' book show that other are mearly scratching the surface. Then we and others have bestowed at least a solid start. You Yourself have opened our eyes as to what still needs to be explored and written. I remember looking ur my 1908 Navy Ralph had sold me and be able to look it up on page 118 not only seeing what I had but also learning what I didnt know. Buy the books for they are the only books out there that are often worth alot more years from now. I should have both 50 of Jans' books. Finally, I encourage all the 'Luger Gurus' to record and share your knowlege. We cannot afford to lose it or go silent.
cirelaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2011, 05:56 PM   #2
Lyn Islaub
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

I have 24 different volumes on my bookshelves that specifically deal with Luger pistols and they all offer value as you study this amazingly complex firearm. Fortunately I was able to purchase the majority of these books before the prices went skyward (found a Coatanzo and a Keyon for $3.00 at a garage sale) , but even so they represent a tremendous investment. As many have said before me in this post, you can't underestimate the valus of some solid research before you take the plunge and start buying Lugers.
Lyn
Lyn Islaub is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2011, 06:20 PM   #3
cirelaw
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Amazon.com is a great souce for both old and luger books. I picked a new a used 'lugers At Random' last year for half as much as I could find anywhere else! Also is available 'Tales Of The Gun' Luger episode featuring Ralph and other luger elders (no offence)
Unread 02-21-2011, 07:03 PM   #4
cirelaw
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

I was looking for a navy luger book in all the wrong places. My 1908 navy and all the pieces were there all along in Jans' Imperial Lugers! His books are a Bible. a both old and new luger testaments' Its been there all along. Truly magnificent. Go back to the basics> Its not how many!! Its really how few!!