LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 03-09-2002, 07:47 PM   #1
Dwight Gruber
User

Thanked 1,282 Times in 424 Posts
Default Gun Show Report

Another small show, another small report. Longview Washington, fewer than 200 tables.

Only one guy with Lugers, nice ones in excellent condition but full price--1906 American Eagle, .30 cal., overvalued at $2.5k; 1923 DWM/Krieghoff overvalued at $2k; 1900 Swiss Military, a good value at $4k; 1900 American Eagle re-blue, value probably reasonable at $1.2k.

He also had a very unusual Luger, a set made up with two receivers, one with a 4" barrel and one with a longer barrel, 8" or so. It looks like it was probably made up over a 1920 Commercial frame; all the parts were re-serialized to make a matching set (including both receiver/barrels), the barrel numbers were stamped lengthwise, the toggle was blank. The only proof I could find on the whole gun was a lazy Nitro proof on the breechblock. The workmanship on the piece was excellent--corners were sharp, stampings crisp, it looked like a brand-new gun. The owner knew little about the gun's provenance, he said that he bought it "years ago, in France." He was selling a repro Navy board stock along with it. The only downside was $5k asked for a very interesting but questionable piece. Anybody ever heard about anything like this?

--Dwight

Unread 03-09-2002, 08:19 PM   #2
BILL
User

Default Re: Gun Show Report

Interesting piece (the dual barrel one). Did the barrels both have the same serial numbers? I have never seen a Luger with interchangeable barrels (it would not be an easy job). I do remember seeing a Dan Wesson 'pistol-pac' that had 2", 4", 6" barrels that had to be resighted whenever they were changed. It is also interesting that there would be ANY Lugers in Longview since I don't even see that many in the biggest gunshow in the State of Washington. One thing is the same though, overpriced. Thanks for the report.

Unread 03-09-2002, 10:52 PM   #3
Dwight Gruber
User

Thanked 1,282 Times in 424 Posts

Yes, the barrels both had the same rework serial number as the rest fo the gun. And, it wasn't that the barrels were interchangeable, it was an entire matching barrel-chamber-rails assembly to swap out betwen the frame and the toggle.

--Dwight

Unread 03-10-2002, 11:14 AM   #4
Russ
User

that would be Jerry out of hoodriver ore. he has a lot of parts too.

russ

Unread 03-10-2002, 01:01 PM   #5
Orv Reichert
RIP

Default NO--WAS NOT JERRY KRAMER (EOM)