LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Announcements & Help > Site Technical Help or Site Feedback

Unread 02-02-2004, 11:06 PM   #1
btlranger
New User

Post starting my collection

I am glad I found this site because I have inherited some lugers and I am wondering if someone could help me out with them. The first one is a .30 cal. commercial, one that is referred to as a "black widow" and the last intriges me. It is stamped 1939 but the metal is more like a polished metal. The letter S is on the reciever. I know I have seen a few chrome plated lugers at the gun show but I have not seen one like this. To me it is not chrome. The story that was told to me by my father that he got this in 1947 from a friend of his that was in WW II. My father never had the chance to go to the war because he was the only son and he needed to stay home and take care of the farm. This why his friend traded him this for a bottle of whiskey and stories about what happened over there. I will attempt to get photos if needed. I thought when I looked it up the book by Danzig that it could possible be a 1939 commercial that is made out of zinc. Any ideas and help with this.

Bob
btlranger is offline   Reply With Quote