LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > All Post-WWII Lugers

Unread 12-14-2003, 06:42 PM   #1
TOGGLELOCK
User

Post stainless steel Lugers - what happened?

What is the history of those stainless steel Lugers being sold 8 or so years ago? I remember a firm in Houston producing one. Why did they stop making these guns. Any members have pictures of these guns? Hey, they are Lugers and I am sure many feel these are corny repros. I just feel they are Lugers and therefore, collectable!
TOGGLELOCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2003, 08:54 PM   #2
Johnny C. Kitchens
User

They are still being made!!! If you go to the Member Gallery, there are pictures of several stainless steel Lugers there...
Unread 12-14-2003, 09:01 PM   #3
Dwight Gruber
User

Thanked 1,282 Times in 424 Posts
And if you go to the "Links and Resources" section you will find the contact information for Orimar Firearms Manufacturing Inc., which is the company making these guns.

--Dwight
Dwight Gruber is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2003, 04:59 PM   #4
TOGGLELOCK
User

Thank's guys, but the question remains. Do you real Luger collectors actually would bother buying a stainless reproduction? Seems novel to me!
Unread 12-15-2003, 07:55 PM   #5
Steve Richards
User

I can't speak for others, but a new Stainless was the first Luger that I owned. I wanted one that I could shoot without worry about breaking old parts and had a longer barrel. Some like them and accept them as just a new variation and others think they are abominations. Take your pick.

Without new Lugers being made, the number is finite and gets smaller everyday. Soon they will be too old and rare for the average person to own and unsafe to shoot anyway. Of the "originals" the newest are 58 years old and a few are over 100. How many 100 year old guns are safe to shoot very often? Much of the fun of having these guns is to shoot them.

I don't think that they are going to go up in value for a while due to being in current production but if you are not buying for an investment, they are a good choice in my opinion. There are already several variations that have been or are now being made so I think they offer a collecting challenge in their own right.
Steve Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2003, 10:07 AM   #6
John Sabato
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,304 Times in 1,096 Posts
I concur with Steve... To me they are the next generation of the Luger... and a continuation of the design.

"...We hold these truths to be self-evident that ALL men are created EQUAL and are endowed by their Creator with certain UNALIENABLE rights, and among these are life, LIBERTY, and the pursuit of happiness..."
John Sabato is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2003, 05:06 PM   #7
TOGGLELOCK
User

I Agree with you Steve, while I have heard that corrosion is the biggest enemy of a firearm. Nothing to say that a properly headspaced chamber and a gun free of corrosion can't be fired for many years to come. But let's face it, who wants to shoot a collectors firearm? I want to get a stainless Luger myself. Chances are, I'll get a safe queen and keep it unfired. And I agree with you John. To continue a fine tradition in building a facinating gun.
Unread 12-16-2003, 05:17 PM   #8
Luke
User

I have a 6" stainless what I enjoy shooting. Nice gun, except for the inadequate "V" notch rear sight.

I wonder if anyone has ever considered adding an adjustable rear target sight to one of these stainless shooters.

Luke
Unread 12-17-2003, 07:30 AM   #9
TOGGLELOCK
User

Luke,
Get some pictures up real soon. Seems very confusing (Mitchell, Stoeger, Orimar). That is the flats (black, stainless) or whatever. Just the same way. I want either a 6 inch Luger or a .30 Luger.
Unread 12-17-2003, 09:02 AM   #10
Dwight Gruber
User

Thanked 1,282 Times in 424 Posts
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva">Originally posted by TOGGLELOCK:
<strong>I want either a 6 inch Luger or a .30 Luger.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva">Togglelock, go here.

The usual disclaimer--I have no connection with the sale of this gun.

--Dwight
Dwight Gruber is offline   Reply With Quote