LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 09-30-2001, 08:46 AM   #1
Marvin
User

Default Gun Show Report

I finally had a weekend day off yeasterday while in the great State of Florida and went to the Ft. Lauderdale gun show. I met another Luger Forum member Tony K. at the show and we had a great time! I especially enjoyed talking with Tony and looking at his Luger and P.38.

The show was the most crowded show I have ever been to; you could hardly move for so many people. It was a very nasty, rainy day and in the wake of the recent terrorist developments, many people we buying guns and ammo.

I did see 2 Lugers at the show; one an artillery for $1700 and a Sneak for $995. The Artillery was way overpriced IMO. It was matching except for the magazine, but had some minor pitting on the barrel and approx. 90%. The sneak had a Police holster, was approx. 97%, had the sear and mag safety (mag safety clipped of course). This was probably not a bad buy.

Another dealer had a set of well worn Luger S/42 marked grips for $75. I thought about buying the grips, but they definetly would have to be recheckered.

The highlight of the show was meeting Tony, another Forum Member!

Marvin

Unread 09-30-2001, 03:26 PM   #2
tony k
User

Default A poor show, but an enjoyable day.

Meeting Marvin was great; going through the show, comparing notes on all sorts of collector guns, was fascinating and educational. In addition to his fine company, watching and listening to another collector evaluate the offerings was a real eye-opener. To me, as a relatively inexperienced collector, spotting many of the same gems -- and catching some of the same flaws -- as Marvin was a great confidence-booster, and made me realize I do know a fair amount about the subject.

I would urge other Forum Members, particularly newbies, to make the most of any opportunities to meet up at shows. As wonderful as the internet is, there's nothing quite like hands-on inspections and face-to-face discussions.

Of course, it also helps if you meet up with a great story-teller like Marvin!

Tony

Unread 09-30-2001, 03:47 PM   #3
Thor
User

Default Re: A poor show, but an enjoyable day.

Tony, I am glad you got to meet my buddy Marvin, he knows lots about many pistols and K98 rifles too. He is a great talker as you say, a fine person, a dear friend and a true patriot. Like so many discharged service men, we owe them a lot! I am glad to have him as a friend! Ted

Unread 09-30-2001, 03:49 PM   #4
Thor
User

Default Re: A poor show, but an enjoyable day.

Of course I did mean all Men and Women of our Armed Forces, both active, reserved, and retired! This was meant as an all incompassing respectfull compliment to them all! Ted