LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > Repairs, Restoration & Refinishing

Unread 07-15-2020, 09:01 PM   #1
G.T.
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 3,581 Times in 989 Posts
Default Any brave machinists out there?

Hi to all, Almost everyone on the forum, is aware, of all the talented craftsmen and artisans we have right here on this forum! There have been several that have recently passed that had incredible talent. And they shared it time and time again, both in single efforts, and combined efforts with other forum members. This interaction between members, who had unique skill sets, resulted in some of the neat projects you have viewed over the years . Well, time marches on, and most of these talented individuals are gone, some are ill and have retired. Others, who are still around, and doing well, I might add, are limited by equipment limitations and finances which make it hard to do the work they are capable of. And to further make it difficult to engage in shared projects, we're hundreds, if not thousands of miles apart! So, with that being said, I have a question for the forum population? Are their any members out there that can, and would, do Luger, machine / mill work for a modest fee? I have several forum friends that are limited in the same regard as what i have outlined above. I would like to enlist the services of such a machinist if he feels his work is something he takes pride in, and that he has the talent needed to recreate old world craftmanship... let me know, now it's out there.... Best to all, til...lat'r....GT
G.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 8 members says Thank You to G.T. for your post:
Unread 08-08-2020, 07:57 PM   #2
Diver6106
User

I've had P.38 work done by Russell & Chick Menard. One was a P-1 unsleeved barrel had a 22LR barrel stub, cut to resleeve. Then put in with chamber cutting work and threaded barrel end. And I would recommend them, especially as you can visit and talk thru your project - ALWAYS my preference. Good work - Good price.
<FiftyCalGal@commspeed.net>; 928-632-8623 • Home; 19474 E Kennedy Dr, Mayer, AZ 86333
RSP - David Hastie
Diver6106 is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 3 members says Thank You to Diver6106 for your post:
Unread 08-09-2020, 12:52 AM   #3
G.T.
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 3,581 Times in 989 Posts
Default Thanks!

Thanks David, I shall give them a shout and see what they're capable of in line with my needs? Thanks mostly for the reply to my request! best to you, til....lat'r.....GT
G.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 2 members says Thank You to G.T. for your post: