LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > New Collectors Forum

Unread 11-26-2016, 04:00 PM   #21
RShaw
User

Thank you Jerry....
Yeesss... such finely machined firearms are not made now like before.... which is one reason why I prefer to invest my $ / € in these earlier pieces instead of the more modern polymer frame pistols. The old boys bring back images of growing up, hearing about WWII, later deciding about what I would do about Vietnam- (I was 18 then near the end of that war....), and learning to appreciate and also shoot pieces of exquisite engineering. I've lived here now 25 years and have only recently gotten back into shooting... and now.... collecting as well! This 1917 DWM is the first Luger I've ever seen and handled- at first when I heard that it was a very special weapon and 100 years old- I thought, "Wow! But.... this will never live in MY house!" Well, now I've just bought it!! Hard to believe... Anyway- your feedback and everyone else's is invaluable- it's nice to see a group of people so knowledgeable and helpful!
You all take care.... and I'm still looking for a good shooter !
Cheers,
RShaw

Looking for magazine no. 7097
Venlo, the Netherlands- RShaw
RShaw is offline   Reply With Quote