LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > Repairs, Restoration & Refinishing

Unread 01-11-2008, 05:35 PM   #1
lboos
User

Default firing pin sick

I had to replace the firing pin on my 1936 S/42. it works great with a replacement firing pin. i would like to have the org. one repaird as it is marked to the gun [01]. i was told that the org. pin has some light file marks on it? i cant tell. any sug. on who repairs luger firing pins? if there is anyone. Thanks for any help. lboos in GA.
lboos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2008, 10:28 AM   #2
John Sabato
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,304 Times in 1,096 Posts

Whether "repaired" or "restored" your FP will never be as "original again"

... if you want it "functional", any decent gunsmith worth the title, or respectable machinist should be up to the task of welding, shaping, and rehardening the firing pin tip to the original dimensions.

"...We hold these truths to be self-evident that ALL men are created EQUAL and are endowed by their Creator with certain UNALIENABLE rights, and among these are life, LIBERTY, and the pursuit of happiness..."
John Sabato is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2008, 11:10 AM   #3
policeluger
RIP

John, I take mild exception to you statement that repaired parts will "never be original again", I am not soliciting for work here, but I have repaired TD levers, firing pins as so on preserving the SN#, not only is it near flawless repair, but in some cases you can not tell with out the customers saying so, however I fell that a correctly repaired original part, will still be original....best wishes to you and your family....
policeluger is offline   Reply With Quote