LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > Repairs, Restoration & Refinishing

Unread 07-23-2022, 01:00 AM   #1
G.T.
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 3,579 Times in 988 Posts
Default Todays experiences!

Just when you think you have a pretty good grip on things, something you've never seen before jumps up! So it was today.. I had the opportunity to troubleshoot a mint, as new, Mauser 06/29 Parabellum, and the description of the problem didn't reall make any sense to me? the owner said the Luger would stick in the holdopen position if more that 4 rounds were loaded, or something to the effect. I must admit, I really kind of tossed out the description, and decided to make my own evaluation. So, I loaded up the magazine with eight dummy rounds and they all went thru slicker then hammered owl S@@it! So I said, must be fixed, although at this point i had done nothing to correct any type of issue? So, believing the customer, I tried it again, and low and behold, (sounds pretty authoritive!) it got to round number four and the thing seazed up like a stainless cross thread! : Upon a closer inspection, I could see the round was actually stuck, solidly, in the feed lips on the magazine! Tried the cycle again with my shooter Mec-Gar test mag several times, and all worked perfectly... OK, that means only, I know more know than I did at 11:00 am this morning! Best to all, til.....lat'r.....GT
G.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 9 members says Thank You to G.T. for your post:
Unread 07-23-2022, 01:13 AM   #2
Doubs
User

Thanked 1,587 Times in 518 Posts

G.T., I've found that when reloading cartridges for the Luger that bullet profile and OAL matters. If either isn't right, they will stick in the magazine. Sometimes they hang up in the magazine catch notch. Lugers can make life interesting.
Doubs is online now   Reply With Quote
The following 6 members says Thank You to Doubs for your post: