LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > General Discussions

Unread 11-20-2007, 12:25 PM   #81
Steinar
User

This looks to be a scene from a movie..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSUTBAtbepA
Unread 11-20-2007, 07:01 PM   #82
Dwight Gruber
User

Thanked 1,281 Times in 423 Posts

Steinar,

IMDB lists this as a current (Oct. 2007) Italian miniseries, "Il Capo dei Capi" (The Boss of all Bosses) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1047931/, about the head of the Sicilian Mafia. See the new post at http://forum.lugerforum.com/showthre...threadid=18317

Also added to the list, and thanks very much.

--Dwight
Dwight Gruber is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2008, 06:07 AM   #83
Steinar
User

Quote:
Originally posted by Morgan Kane
"The ax" is about a guy who goes beserk with a Luger..

Not that I have seen the movie myself, so cant verify it.
Now I can definitively verify that there is a Luger in this movie, it's carried around and used several times troughout the movie.. one funny thing, is that the luger tends to get blown back out of his hand by the recoil every now and then. We all know that is a common thing
Credit for using an original ww2 ammunition box, but the Luger have a softgun look to it.

Unread 05-19-2008, 04:38 PM   #84
renaissance7697
User

Default The "Lost" TV Series

The "Others" (One of the factions in the series) all use
WWII weaponry
Lugers and P38s

The "Good Guys" faction use an assortment of SIGs/HK looking handguns
renaissance7697 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2008, 09:59 PM   #85
Went Blakely
User

Heh, i noticed the constant P38s but cant recall spotting a luger, good catch^ Big fan of the show myself
Unread 10-25-2008, 04:42 PM   #86
Jack Lawman
User

Default Seven Women From Hell

In "Seven Women From Hell", Cesar Romero (playing a German) uses a luger to protect his Pacific plantation against 4 women from hell (I guess 3 of them didn't make it.... I missed the beginning of the movie). No shooting, just good shots of him waving it about.

Jack
Unread 10-25-2008, 05:48 PM   #87
alanint
User

Thanked 1,916 Times in 1,192 Posts

I just watched "Son of Frankenstein" (1939) Starring Basil Rathbone as the son and Lionel Atwill as the local police inspector with an artificial arm, which he moves around by slapping it. (I would not be at all surprised if this is where that gag in Dr. Strangelove derives from). They have both starred together in the contemporary Sherlock Holmes series, Rathbone as Holmes and Atwill as Dr. Moriarty.
Atwill wore an interesting Luger holster throughout the movie, although I don't remember him drawing the gun, (I did a lot of channel surfing during this movie). It featured a large, brass snap on the cover instead of the typical strap and buckle. I assume that this was designed so an actor could draw the gun quickly without having to fumble with the buckle.
An interesting Luger holster conversion in a 1939 movie, although I think it would have looked better if the property master had painted the large snap black to blend in.

Last edited by alanint; 10-24-2009 at 07:30 PM.
alanint is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2008, 10:42 PM   #88
MikeP
User

"Invasion of The Saucermen" 1957 or so.
Some teens run over one and go for help.
They have needles in their fingers that inject alcohol.
They run into a vet who has a luger he "took off a dead nazi officer."
It is innefective against the Saucermen.

There was a Charlie Chan movie with a warlord pirate. Hismen all carried artilleries and had a ritual suicide at the end where they lined up and shot eac other.
MikeP is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2008, 07:40 PM   #89
383 magnum
User

I copied this from my original post because it needs to be added to the Luger movies list. High Luger presence in "Miracle at St. Anna" and the main character's pistol is referred to as a "German Luger" by the reporter interviewing him. There is a closeup of the Luger after he uses it.
I just got back from seeing this and it has several good Luger scenes. I'm not going to go into detail for those who have not seen it, but a bringback Luger plays a major part in the movie. There are also a couple of firing scenes where the toggle can be seen cycling. Unfortunately, there are couple of incorrect Lugers. In one scene, post-war plastic (East German?) grips are clearly visible. In another scene, the Luger appears to have a 4 and 3/4 inch barrel. Overall, this was a good movie although it was slow in parts. The film also has plenty of MP40 and 1928A1 Thompson action.

Last edited by 383 magnum; 12-20-2008 at 12:29 PM.
383 magnum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2008, 11:27 AM   #90
Frank
RIP
Patron
LugerForum
Patron

How about "Killer's Kiss", 1955 with Frank Sinatra!! It looked like a DWM Commercial.
Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2008, 01:44 AM   #91
Rod WMG
User

I've seen three recently, I think. One I can't verify for sure as a Luger, but the other two were definite.

On TCM recently there was a Farley Granger/Robt. Walker movie about a tennis player (Granger) whose wife was killed by Walker. Granger was supposed to kill Walker's father in return with "this old Luger I bought in a pawn shop."

Unfortunately, try as I might, I can't recall the title.

The second one I can. It was "Something of Value." Rock Hudson fought Mau Maus in Kenya and Sidney Poitier, his childhood friend, was a Mau Mau leader. Poitier carried a Luger.
Rod WMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2009, 04:32 PM   #92
Thor
User

The movie Crotalus asked about is one of the Band of Brothers movies. A GI shoots a German that is riding by on a horse with his rifle, then scoops up the Luger that later shoots a GI in the leg that was in a foxhole as I remember it. He dies soon after with his femoral artery punched through by the bullet. The episode was called "The Breaking Point" Imd offers this synopsi for Season 1, Episode #7
"In the first scene, Corporal Hoobler sights a German officer on horseback and shoots him dead. He finds that the officer had a Luger, a highly prized pistol among American GIs. After boasting of his marksmenship, the Luger inexplicably fires and cuts the femoral artery in Hoob's right leg. He bleeds to death as his comrades try to treat him. His death deepens the low morale of the company and Lt. Buck Compton lectures the rest of the men, telling them not to do anything stupid. "
915-526-8925 Email
thor340@aol.com
-----------------------------------
John3:3
Jesus answered and said to him, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God."
Thor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2009, 04:49 PM   #93
newluger
User

How about the Steve Martin movie "Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid." Carl Reiner as a German officer and villain in movie.
newluger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2009, 09:06 PM   #94
calibrator
User

I wish I knew how to do screen grabs from my DVD collection. I have the entire 4 years of " The Man From U.N.C.L.E. ". Lots of Lugers, Brooms, MP 40s, P 38s ( the basis for the UNCLE weapon system ). Not to mention M3 Carbines and the ocassional Thompson. I also have the entire 5 years of " Combat " starring Vic Morrow and Rick Jason. If it was used during WW II by the U.S. or the Germans, it is prominately featured sooner or later. Joe
calibrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2009, 12:45 PM   #95
383 magnum
User

There is a Luger scene in Tarantino's Inglourious Basterds.
383 magnum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2009, 06:21 PM   #96
Drachenstein
User

Land that time forgot, 1975 version. I guess it was suppose to be a naval luger but looked more lke an arty barrel. It was on TCM a little bit ago and I was thinking, hmmm, interesting luger to put on it.

Also forgot the TV series Combat which been released on DVDs.
Drachenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2009, 09:30 PM   #97
Ron Wood
2010 LugerForum
Patron

Location: Santa Teresa New Mexico just outside of the West Texas town of El Paso
Thanked 5,088 Times in 1,674 Posts

In one of the old "Get Smart" series with Don Adams as Maxwell Smart, Max is talking with a Russian agent. They both agree to "disarm" and start pulling out dozens of concealed weapons. One of Max's guns was a Borchardt. I about fell out of my chair.
Unread 11-13-2009, 11:38 PM   #98
sheepherder
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 4,438 Times in 2,327 Posts

4" Luger used by Alan Ladd in "O.S.S" [1946], one of the last scenes; a French boy scoops up the Luger and brings it to Ladd so he can rescue the girl...but Ladd stays to send a radio message and the girl is taken by the Gestapo...and he ends up throwing the Luger at the wall...

(I have the movie)
sheepherder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2009, 04:35 PM   #99
newluger
User

I was watching Turner Classic Movies the other day, and in the 1942 movie Bombardier with Pat O'Brian and Randolph Scott, they take part in a raid on Tokyo. I guess it follows the Doolittle Raiders story. Well as the story goes, nearing the final scenes, Randolph Scott's B-17 that is leading the attack ahead of the main force is shot down and he along with his crew are taken prisoner. The Japaneese officer pulls out what looks like a luger and threatens to shoot him. Randy does die a hero.
newluger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2009, 03:48 AM   #100
Went Blakely
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Wood View Post
In one of the old "Get Smart" series with Don Adams as Maxwell Smart, Max is talking with a Russian agent. They both agree to "disarm" and start pulling out dozens of concealed weapons. One of Max's guns was a Borchardt. I about fell out of my chair.
Hehe, i was watching another episode the other day, when another nemesis of Maxwell pulled out a luger. One of the weapon producers must have had good taste