LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 05-06-2002, 09:58 PM   #1
Bob in AZ
User

Default Thanks for ALL replies on the "Mad Russian"

To ALL,

Hope I didn't come off sounding like a "know it all". I'm still learning every day. I just wanted to make everyone aware that there really seem to be a loading problem with some of this Russian 9mm ammo, Brown Bear for one. In the past I have heard simular reports on the Wolf ammo, but dismiss them not knowing all the details. I guess when you actually see it for yourself is when you really take notice.

I always liked shooting the Russian Wolf 9mm 115gr. Never had a problem with it, but now I'm spook about shooting it too. Guess I better just stick with known quality 9mm ammo for my future shooting of Lugers and P-38s too. (can't forget those P-38s, right Orv and GT)

Again, I thank you ALL for the replies. I hope everyone had a chance to learn something from this experience. Don't be afraid to get your guns out and shoot'em. Just remember to ALWAYS wear good shooting glasses. I love my guns and enjoy shooting them very much. It's just a way of life for me.

Be safe and have fun.

Sincerely Bob

Unread 05-07-2002, 12:01 AM   #2

Default Re: Thanks for ALL replies on the "Mad Russian"

Bob,

I've been shooting the Russian Wolf ammo too, but why bother when you can get Winchester 9mm in 100 round boxes at Walmart for $10.95 (even cheaper than Wolf)? I'll use up my Wolf ammo in my S&W 3914 and forget the Russian stuff in view of the problems you folks have described.

Unread 05-07-2002, 08:01 AM   #3
Marvin
User

Default Re: Thanks for ALL replies on the "Mad Russian"

Bob,

I have read the previous posting on the problem you had with the Russian ammo. I shoot the Wolf ammo in my AK-47, but that is about as far as it goes, as I don't trust anyting the Russians do or make. They are still an enemy to me, but that is another story.

I don't feel they have the type quality control that is needed to make good ammo. For the most part, it is probably good, but it only takes a few bad ones before someone can get hurt.

I appreciate the infromation you presented and the photo of the casing! I feel the cartridge may have been overloaded myself.

Marvin

AMMOMAN
Unread 05-08-2002, 08:28 AM   #4
Tom Heller

Default Re: Russian workers

The best quote that I recall on the Russian system, was the worker who said, "We pretend to work and the government pretends to pay us".