LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Navy Lugers

Unread 12-27-2014, 07:59 AM   #41
SteveM
User

Thanks for putting the pics back up. Your 1939 Navy is a very nice piece, especially with the one matching mag. It is unfortunate that the holster stamp has been all but completely rubbed out especially since it is a brown holster. You don't see them that often in brown, at least I haven't. The 2 that I have are both black. Congrats on the find and thanks again for the pics.

SteveM
SteveM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2014, 01:08 AM   #42
Grantas
Patron
LugerForum
Patron

A good pictorial ... Thanks
Unread 01-06-2015, 02:51 PM   #43
Douglas Jr.
User

As far as I know, by 1939 military Lugers were completely blued - the strawing on small parts had been abandoned in mid-1937.
However this gun seems to have a strawed ejector, which would be incorrect for this variation.
Or is it just wearing?

I do not intend to downsizing your new (and highly desirable) Navy Luger - which is simply gorgeous - but this detail really caught my attention.
(On the other hand it is a huge problem, as it is a unnumbered part that can be replaced by a correct one, if strawed)
Greetings,
Douglas.
Douglas Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2015, 03:13 PM   #44
Norme
Always A
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,591 Times in 930 Posts

Hi Douglas, The ejector is a heat treated part and it seems that they don't take well to blueing. It's not uncommon to see Mauser Lugers with ejectors that range from yellow to dark purple. Here's one on my 1939.
Best regards, Norm
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	LR 23e.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	84.2 KB
ID:	44942  

Norme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2015, 10:57 AM   #45
Douglas Jr.
User

Thanks, Norm.
I stand corrected.
But in some of the pictures it really seems to be strawed.
Douglas Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2015, 12:34 AM   #46
todesengel
User

I would like to thank those who helped me along on here. I found my navy 1911 so I listed the Luger on GB. Thanks again all and happy hunting on your Luger Collecting!
todesengel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2015, 03:25 AM   #47
Sergio Natali
User

Thanked 1,783 Times in 1,007 Posts

In all honesty I've not really undestood about all this fuss about those pictures, that now I cannot see any more as "they are no longer available", I just wonder why.

Bah!

Sergio
Unread 01-18-2015, 12:48 PM   #48
ithacaartist
Twice a Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,476 Times in 1,319 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by luger.parabellum View Post
in all honesty i've not really undestood about all this fuss about those pictures, that now i cannot see any more as "they are no longer available", i just wonder why.

Bah!

Sergio
+1
Unread 01-18-2015, 12:55 PM   #49
todesengel
User

Pictures on a hosting site take up space, and you are only allowed so much space on the hosting site. I informed everyone that I would leave the pictures up here until I needed more space on that site for other pictures, which I did,

I am sorry but I am not going to purchase additional storage space so I can keep pictures on a forum. Not trying to be contrary but I pretty much thought all of this was already explained.

Happy New Year
Quote:
In all honesty I've not really undestood about all this fuss about those pictures, that now I cannot see any more as "they are no longer available", I just wonder why.

Bah!

Sergio
Unread 01-18-2015, 12:57 PM   #50
todesengel
User

Thank you. The pics were taken by me with a point and shoot camera, nothing fancy but I appreciate the compliment
Quote:

Bah!

Sergio
Quote:
Originally Posted by alvin View Post
This is a great instance. Don't know navy pistols, but as a collector once said, "put a good gun on table, the gun speaks for itself" (not exact words), and this gun is such an example.

Did the gun come from an auction? The three pictures (with transparent white background) posted were taken by a professional photographer. Most collectors cannot make gun pictures of this quality at home.

I heard M over something was acceptance mark. N followed by number was property mark.
Unread 01-19-2015, 06:55 AM   #51
alanint
User

Thanked 1,916 Times in 1,192 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by todesengel View Post
Pictures on a hosting site take up space, and you are only allowed so much space on the hosting site. I informed everyone that I would leave the pictures up here until I needed more space on that site for other pictures, which I did,

I am sorry but I am not going to purchase additional storage space so I can keep pictures on a forum. Not trying to be contrary but I pretty much thought all of this was already explained.

Happy New Year
If you had simply posted the photos directly here, it would not have taken any space at your hosted sight and it would have been free. I don't understand the logic?
alanint is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 2 members says Thank You to alanint for your post:
Unread 01-19-2015, 07:39 AM   #52
SteveM
User

Here is the link for those that might be interested. 101 pics, that's the way to do it, any questions a bidder might have are answered.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=463977850
SteveM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2015, 07:47 AM   #53
alvin
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveM View Post
Here is the link for those that might be interested. 101 pics, that's the way to do it, any questions a bidder might have are answered.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=463977850
Is this the subject gun in the thread? This one looks great.
alvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2015, 09:29 AM   #54
alanint
User

Another example of someone mining the Forum for free information without at least offering members first shot at the item.
The following member says Thank You to alanint for your post:
Unread 01-19-2015, 10:04 AM   #55
todesengel
User

Man, this picture thing is a beating.

How small do you have to make the pics to post them here? How many can you put in each thread? I posted the pics and they were available for anyone to save and post if they so desired. Why is this such an issue to a couple of people?
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanint View Post
If you had simply posted the photos directly here, it would not have taken any space at your hosted sight and it would have been free. I don't understand the logic?
Unread 01-19-2015, 10:07 AM   #56
todesengel
User

Really? A couple of members were very helpful but most of it was just confirming what I already knew. I am very grateful for their input and stated such.

One of the questions I asked was on value and everyone was silent, which is okay maybe they didn't know or maybe they didn't want to stick their heads out. I didn't chastise anyone for it. How can I offer anyone first crack if I cannot place a value. if a value is absent you put it on an auction and see where the people drive it unless you want to insult others or shortchange yourself.

I am sorry you seem to have a issue with me or my posts. Hope you day gets better
Quote:
Another example of someone mining the Forum for free information without at least offering members first shot at the item.
Unread 01-19-2015, 01:18 PM   #57
alanint
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by todesengel View Post
Really? A couple of members were very helpful but most of it was just confirming what I already knew. I am very grateful for their input and stated such.

One of the questions I asked was on value and everyone was silent, which is okay maybe they didn't know or maybe they didn't want to stick their heads out. I didn't chastise anyone for it. How can I offer anyone first crack if I cannot place a value. if a value is absent you put it on an auction and see where the people drive it unless you want to insult others or shortchange yourself.

I am sorry you seem to have a issue with me or my posts. Hope you day gets better
Your post #30 states that you have no intention of selling it. Then your Post #35 asks members not to PM or email you with offers for the gun. Then it turns up on gunbroker.

You tell me.
Unread 01-19-2015, 01:31 PM   #58
todesengel
User

I am trying to find your helpful post in this thread prior to these but I cannot find it.

If you read prior to post #30 you will see I asked to have it closed. I asked for information, a couple people offered it but I received more emails between the two sites it was posted on trying to buy it from me. If the information is to be shared why pm or email offering to buy it in the shadows? Asking for value on the forums is far different from someone trying to make a backdoor deal prior to value being assigned.

I quit posting in this thread entirely until I did make a decision to sell it based on something I wanted a lot more. if you have never decided to go a different route then good for you but I change up what I have quite often. On the other forum I had made a post stating that it would not be for sale unless I could find my early 1911 Navy, which I did.

I didn't post the auction link here, someone else did. If you do not want to bid on it then do not bid on it, I didn't ask anyone to do so.

Relax, enjoy your day and find some peace. For someone who had no participation in the thread prior I find your commitment to this subject intriguing
Quote:
Your post #30 states that you have no intention of selling it. Then your Post #35 asks members not to PM or email you with offers for the gun. Then it turns up on gunbroker.

You tell me.
Unread 01-19-2015, 02:53 PM   #59
alvin
User

No bad feeling at all. Owner could change mind. And, offering it on gunbroker.com, is actually more fair to all collectors. Not my domain, but bookmarked it, will see how it goes. This is a rare gun.
Unread 01-30-2015, 06:11 AM   #60
alvin
User

Geez... $6050 is quite amount of money, why not let it go....