LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Navy Lugers

Unread 09-13-2013, 05:10 PM   #41
mystical_tutor
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Tinker View Post
Yes, Jan's book is excellent. And I have read my book, called Simson Lugers.
There were less than 12k of Simson's made total, the S toggle, not really a code. They were made at the same time as they made the Simson & Son toggle AFTER the first 10k and are all 'a' suffix numbered. New books, new information.
My simson database is here on the forum.
The by product of all this research to prepare my Lugers for sale is that I'm getting the bug again.

Is your book available online in dl format for a Kindle?

Gary
mystical_tutor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2013, 07:28 PM   #42
Edward Tinker
Super Moderator
Eternal Lifer
LugerForum
Patron

Thanked 4,500 Times in 2,076 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystical_tutor View Post
The by product of all this research to prepare my Lugers for sale is that I'm getting the bug again.

Is your book available online in dl format for a Kindle?

Gary
No.

IMO the reason most books are available on Kindle is they have lost their copyright or they are such best sellers that its worth it to do so.

I have made money on my books, but I would be bankrupt if I had tried to live off of selling them.

Once the books are all sold made of paper, I would probably sell via Kindle. I do have a book being sold on Amazon, but its a fiction book
Author of Veteran Bring Backs Vol I, Vol II, Vol III and Vol IV

Edward Tinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2013, 11:18 PM   #43
mystical_tutor
User

Quote:
No.

IMO the reason most books are available on Kindle is they have lost their copyright or they are such best sellers that its worth it to do so.

I have made money on my books, but I would be bankrupt if I had tried to live off of selling them.

Once the books are all sold made of paper, I would probably sell via Kindle. I do have a book being sold on Amazon, but its a fiction book
I understand fully. One of my golf buddies is a publisher and he is quite concerned about e-books. So far texts for schools have kept his business solvent but who knows how long that will last.

Where is this one available?

Gary
Unread 09-14-2013, 08:55 AM   #44
kzullick
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Welcome to the Forum. I have been a Member on this forum for a little over a year, they are a great bunch of people who are the most knowledgeable source of information on Lugers available. I have learned a lot. I have found the members here to be respectable, honest and courteous.
kzullick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2013, 08:59 AM   #45
mystical_tutor
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norme View Post
Hi Gary, The reason serial numbers are a sensitive issue among some forum members (including me), is that much of what we know today about Lugers is derived from data bases, comprised of serial numbers willingly shared by hundreds of collectors, many from countries with far more restrictive firearms laws than here in the US. To expect information from the forum without sharing your own seems to me to be, well, a little selfish.
Norm
Your comment does sting a bit, specially as I honored your request for the Navy SN by sending it to you. However, if asking for references to pricing information without sharing my privet gun information on the internet, and specifically a non https site is selfish rather than cautious, well I guess that's your call.

Gary
Unread 09-14-2013, 09:06 AM   #46
mystical_tutor
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kzullick View Post
Welcome to the Forum. I have been a Member on this forum for a little over a year, they are a great bunch of people who are the most knowledgeable source of information on Lugers available. I have learned a lot. I have found the members here to be respectable, honest and courteous.
LOL, well I certainly agree that some folks here are tremendously knowledgeable in the field of Lugers. Some have probably forgotten more than I have ever known. I was going through Still's book last night in awe at the wealth of information there. I doubt that I will ever catch up again.

Also I think you for sharing your opinion of them.

Gary
Unread 09-14-2013, 09:12 AM   #47
mystical_tutor
User

Quote:
Well, and I am prejudiced, but I would send the krieghoff to Tom Whiteman for appraisal and sale. I trust him to be fair, but I also worked with him at legacy collectables.

Ed
SSG USA RET
I thought I asked but see it was one of my "mental PM's". What is the best way to contact Tom? The one I found on the internet is a marriage counselor.
Unread 09-14-2013, 10:58 AM   #48
Norme
Always A
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,591 Times in 930 Posts

Quote:
Your comment does sting a bit, specially as I honored your request for the Navy SN by sending it to you. However, if asking for references to pricing information without sharing my privet gun information on the internet, and specifically a non https site is selfish rather than cautious, well I guess that's your call.

Gary
Hi Gary, I'm sorry that my post hurt your feelings, that was not my intent. I'm biking in Spain right now and have limited internet access, your info never came through. Please try again at the address below. You should know that all listings on the Navy List are anonymous, the only one who knows the owner's names is me, and I don't publish that information.
Regards, Norm
normrab@comcast.net
Norme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2013, 12:19 PM   #49
Edward Tinker
Super Moderator
Eternal Lifer
LugerForum
Patron

Thanked 4,500 Times in 2,076 Posts

Quote:
I thought I asked but see it was one of my "mental PM's". What is the best way to contact Tom? The one I found on the internet is a marriage counselor.
Actually, yes, he was, I think he just runs the biz now - http://www.legacy-collectibles.com

My books are available from Simpson's LTD and I have copies of all of them for sale.

Values vary, but any Navy (average shooter condition) is worth $2,000 - so one in very nice shape, you can easily double that. But everything depends on the models and I have not read the posting close enough and today I am too lazy
Author of Veteran Bring Backs Vol I, Vol II, Vol III and Vol IV

Edward Tinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2013, 09:22 PM   #50
mystical_tutor
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norme View Post
Hi Gary, I'm sorry that my post hurt your feelings, that was not my intent. I'm biking in Spain right now and have limited internet access, your info never came through. Please try again at the address below. You should know that all listings on the Navy List are anonymous, the only one who knows the owner's names is me, and I don't publish that information.
Regards, Norm
normrab@comcast.net
Biking in Spain!!! You lucky dog. If you are around Madrid I can hook you up with all the internet you want, I have friends there that will treat you like a king. (From my main hobby now, Magic: the gathering).

I will try that email again. I would prefer to do it by snail mail but I'll take the risk this one time.

I really don't mind if the numbers are published--as long as they are not traceable to me, or whoever I might sell one to.

Enjoy beautiful Espana. But do it soon as the weather gets really nasty there in the fall.

Gary
Unread 09-14-2013, 09:40 PM   #51
mystical_tutor
User

Quote:
Actually, yes, he was, I think he just runs the biz now - http://www.legacy-collectibles.com

My books are available from Simpson's LTD and I have copies of all of them for sale.

Values vary, but any Navy (average shooter condition) is worth $2,000 - so one in very nice shape, you can easily double that. But everything depends on the models and I have not read the posting close enough and today I am too lazy
Ed:
Thanks, nice web site, wish that webmaster was doing my site for me--the guy I have now just doesn't get things done.

I think both of my navies are quality pieces from what I have been able to find on sites. For the purpose of this show I put each of them at 6K, mainly to reduce tire kicking.

Wasn't necessary, the show is a flop. With all the flooding we have had many people are just not going places right now and many others thought the show would be closed because of confusion about what highways are closed. Hwy 24 going West has been close off and on for several days and people don't want to risk coming to Colorado Springs and not being able to go home.

so a show that always has 50-100 people standing at the door on day one for it to open, we had 10 or so. Did have a lot of time to talk to dealers and got a lot of positive input.

there isa "Military Only" one day show in Denver in a couple weeks, plan to go there. The organizer that I live close to here in the springs said he had a few people he would send my way.

Didn't sell a thing but have 5 people bringing me Lugers tomorrow to find out what they are so I will have a great day just getting to talk to them.

Thanks for all your help and I'll mention you when I contact Tom in a week or so, if that is ok with you. Not "name dropping" just trying to let him know you make referrals.

Gary
Unread 09-22-2013, 10:30 AM   #52
mystical_tutor
User

Quote:
Biking in Spain!!! You lucky dog. If you are around Madrid I can hook you up with all the internet you want, I have friends there that will treat you like a king. (From my main hobby now, Magic: the gathering).

I will try that email again. I would prefer to do it by snail mail but I'll take the risk this one time.

I really don't mind if the numbers are published--as long as they are not traceable to me, or whoever I might sell one to.

Enjoy beautiful Espana. But do it soon as the weather gets really nasty there in the fall.

Gary
Norm;

I owe you one. I did not send that SN to you. I'm up in the Colorado mts at a golf tournament my wife is in and discovered my post to you in the draft box on one of my accounts. DOH. When I get back home I will send both of the numbers.

Gary