LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 10-21-2001, 05:39 PM   #1
Hannah

Default Colorado Militaria Collectors Show

This is a one day, four times a year show, held here in Denver. All firearms must be C&R.

Today I saw a gorgeous 1906 with the full Ideal holster/stock rig for $4,000, 95%+.....a rather unusual 1940 Mauser Banner with Dutch "Rust" safety marks for $2,500, also high grade condition.....a Red 9 Broomhandle reworked in 1920 for $1,600,with a leather holster that had U Boat marks, and a few very sweet P-38s for between $600-800.

Prices seemed a bit high, but these were *very* nice guns, and had I a bit more cash, I would gladly have adopted any of them.

The regular gun shows have not had many pieces to drool over, and what has been there was terribly overpriced with no real quality.

So.....try the Militaria shows.....they seem to have better pieces than the Gun Shows these days.

Unread 10-21-2001, 06:24 PM   #2
BILL
User

Default Re: Colorado Militaria Collectors Show

Sounds like a good show. I have spent a lot of time in Denver and have often wondered where the 'good stuff' gets hidden. General gun shows seem to be crawling with flea market junkque, new .380 'terrorist' defense pistols, cowboy accessories, survival goods and tons of cammo. A good militaria only show would be a real breath of fresh air.

Unread 10-21-2001, 07:42 PM   #3
Hannah

Next show is scheduled for January 20, 2002, Jefferson County Fairgrounds in Golden. If you can make it, perhaps we could meet for a little German beer and Luger bragging.

Would be nice to meet some of the folks here in person

I am on their mail list, so check with me after Christmas for a confirm on the date of the show.

Unread 10-21-2001, 08:29 PM   #4
BILL
User

Thanks, that's a deal. I will keep in touch.

Unread 10-21-2001, 09:12 PM   #5
Aaron
Banned

Default Guns at Militaria Collectors Shows?

Not at the ones I have been to in Kalifornia. Here you can only buy Luftwaffe postcards and phony Hitlerjugend belt buckles.

Unread 10-21-2001, 09:42 PM   #6
Hannah

Default Re: Guns at Militaria Collectors Shows?

Well, the People's Republik of Kalifornia.....

I am not surprised. Sorry for you, friend, move back to America.

Unread 10-22-2001, 11:20 PM   #7
mlm

Default Re: Guns at Militaria Collectors Shows?

Hannah and Bill--Sorry I missed you at the Militaria Show. I was there with two other guys, one was walking around with a Luftwaffe sword. I was packing around a box of K98 stuff. True, the lugers and BH were fun to look at as you don't see too much of this stuff in the Colo area. Despite that, the stuff is actually fairly common in Colorado but simply does not make the gun shows for some reason. It is not as common as on the East Coast (I lived there for about 7 years and could always find an interesting luger or two at a show) but there is some stuff here. The BH was especially interesting because it had historic markings and features tracking from WW1 through WW2. The holster, though, was the more interesting part and one of the guys I was with was focused on it. Actually, the holster had no UBoat markings that I am aware of--it simply passed into the Kreigsmarine at some point because it was E/M stamped. The seller stated it was the holster you see in Bender's WW2 holster book and sure enough, an identical holster is in the book. My neighborly holster expert says it is a cut-down WW1 pebblegrain holster (and I agree). The value of the BH itself is around $800.

He also had some medals, including cross's in gold for around $2K. Directly across from him, another seller had a similar medal for only $1200. I don't think the luger guy sold anything during the entire show from what I could see.

I was able to sell and buy a bunch of stuff but kept the spending low overall--I have bought way too many holsters this past month!

Don't hesitate to email me so we can meet at the next Tanner or other show in Denver/Co Springs.

dave