LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 10-20-2001, 02:52 PM   #1
Bart
User

Default Bart pulls the trigger (so to speak)..

For those of you that have shown an interest in my quest for a first-purchase Luger, I have made a purchase. Talked to Ralph and ended up with a DWM Military, 9mm, 4", 1914, bore and grips are mint, the straw he said was super and the finish is 100% original blue, matched serials and a 1914 dated holster. Should receive it next week.

There it is for everyone who has answered a post of mine and has been so kind and helpful. All the way from my very first post answered by Dok to the great advise about buying from someone you can trust, a sincere thank you.

When it came down to it, this one was sort of a no-brainer as I left my trust in Ralph and you folks. However, I am still on the path of "Black Widow" and will save that for another post.

Hope to be a part of this for awhile as I received an email from Rod who said I could now be offically labeled a "Lugerhead".

Thanks Again to All who helped on these first few steps of what I hope to be a long journey.

Bart

Unread 10-20-2001, 03:09 PM   #2
Milt Keller
User

Default Re: Bart pulls the trigger (so to speak)..

That's what all these great guys and gals are here for! Lord knows they have forgotten more about the P.08 than I probably will ever know about...but I keep learning. Good luck. You can't find anyone more honest than Ralph! I'd trust him on everything "Luger"

Milt Keller

Unread 10-20-2001, 03:27 PM   #3
Dok
RIP

Default Well now that you're no longer a virgin (so to speak)...

how about filling out a profile, and maybe sending me a picture of yourself, so I can add it to the The Rogues Gallery. Please consider yourself a member of the "herd", and we look forward to many more postings from you. And congratulations on what sounds like an excellent purchase. Your next great adventure might be to join us all at Ralph's next spring for our annual gettogether... more on that later... (Pssst you might even see a Black Widow there) heh heh heh

Dok

Unread 10-20-2001, 04:48 PM   #4
BILL
User

Default Owners Corner

Since you still don't have the rig in your hands you might want to check out the Owner's Corner for a picture of a minty 1914 DWM military rig. As a first purchase, a 1914 DWM in excellent condition is a wonderful place to start. A good source to purchase from is also a good idea. You probably couldn't have done much better. Good Luck! (The profile is a good idea).

Unread 10-20-2001, 05:34 PM   #5
Leo

Default Re: Owners Corner

Bart I have been following your quest...you made the right choice, not in just the 1914, but with Ralph there is none better..Leo

Unread 10-21-2001, 12:05 AM   #6
Bart
User

Default Re: Well now that you're no longer a virgin (so to speak)...

Thanks Dok...glad to be a member of the "herd". Will fill out a profile and send a pic just as soon as I have that Luger in hand. Don't want to put the cart in front of the horse as they say. Keep me posted on that spring gettogether cant wait to hear more about it.

Lastly, you know I got a thing about those "Black Widows", don't cha....

Bart

Unread 10-21-2001, 12:12 AM   #7
Thor
User

Default Re: Well now that you're no longer a virgin (so to speak)...

Bart, a good idea to get a nice Rust blued DWM and then a Salt blued WWII Black Widow! Nice representative sample for each era. But watch out, you can never seem to get enough of these neat guns! ~Thor~

Unread 10-21-2001, 01:38 AM   #8
Dean Dennis
User

Default Re: Bart pulls the trigger (so to speak)..

Bart, congratulations on your new purchase. Could you tell me how and when(date & time) you were able to get ahold of Ralph? I've made three attempts all to no avail.

Unread 10-21-2001, 09:43 AM   #9
Dok
RIP

Default It's always good to have goals... :D (EOM)