LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 10-20-2001, 09:14 PM   #1
N Keller

Default Finnish Luger

There is a Finish Airforce (at least so it says in the auction listing) being auctioned soon in the area. Any idea of the value of this? Do not know what condition it is as have not ben able to view it yet.

Neil

Unread 10-21-2001, 08:28 AM   #2
Kyrie
User

Default Re: Finnish Luger

Hi Neil,

It probably is a Finn Luger, and probably is not an Air Force Luger. When these were imported into the US in the late 1980â??s they were incorrectly advertised as being â??Finnish Air Forceâ? sue to the â??SAâ? mark. Iâ??ll try and include a copy of that advertisement with this note.

In terms of value, it will depend on condition. If it is all original (i.e. matching), 99% original blue, and still chambered in 7.65 Parabellum, its value would be around $1200. If mismatched, converted to 9 mm Parabellum, or refinished (parkerized), its value would be about half that. There are pictures of a 1923 Finn Luger in the Ownerâ?? Corner, under Kyrie. That example is a mismatched piece, parkerized, but is still in the original 7.65 mm Parabellum. I picked it up for $500.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,

Kyrie

http://boards.rennlist.com/upload/Finn_pistols.jpg
Unread 10-21-2001, 10:58 AM   #3
N Keller

Default Re: Finnish Luger

Kyrie,

Thanks, I'll use the info when bidding, if I do.

Neil