LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 10-17-2001, 02:23 AM   #1
Mace

Default WTK: Collectability of Police Rework

I recently acquired a reworked 1917 DWM. A new barrelled receiver had been fitted to the frame. The frame and all the other parts, including the mag, match serial #s. The replaced BBled rec serial #s match themselves. Gun is not import marked. All strawing has silvered. Finish is well over 90%. Bore is exc. Grips excellent, except for the piece missing under the safety. Gun came in a period holster marked "Kern & Klager" New Ulm 1915. Holster is VG condition and has correct unmarked loading tool for DWM mfg. I thought it was just another mismatched Luger until I looked at the BBL markings. The BBl is stamped with the PTV over eagle mark [Tech section, Marking, Proof #3, #29]. The left top of the BBl is also stamped with 2 eagles. One is 1/2 the size of the other. Eagles are holding on to a roundel shape. Eagles look like ones in Proof #3, #33. The two on the left hand side, next to the #33. Is this Luger considered at all collectable?? Any input greatly appreciated. TIA.