LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 10-15-2001, 04:03 PM   #1
Tracy

Default Lucked Out (Long)

Went to a Gun Show here in Portland Oregon yesterday(10/14/01) while visiting my son. Small show for such a large place. Saw 1 Luger a fair 1939/42 with holster for 695 and 1 P38 a ac42 in sad condition for 349.95. Walked the show saw nothing of interest so went back to take a closer look at the Luger typical over priced for condition. Holster was in pretty good condition asked if he would sell holster seperatly he said he would but was probably more than I wanted to pay. He was asking 150 for holster tried to dicker but he would not come down sai he could sell holsters all day long at that price, I bought it for the asking price he figuared he had a sucker. Now the rest ot the story the HOLSTER IS A 1935 MILITARY ISSUE, WaA142 MARKED MADE BY C HEIN---- DRESDEN. Black in color,belt loops solid, good solid form, has had flap restiched, and lift strap knot is missing or has come loose, some minor flaking on flap but otherwise a good sound holster. Will send to Jerry to look at for possible restoration. What are chances of coming that distance finding one holster and coming up with a RARE item? I paid for my Airline ticket with this find. This is only the second 1935 military holster that I have seen in my collecting experience.

Unread 10-15-2001, 04:41 PM   #2
Thor
User

Default Re: Lucked Out (Long)

WOW, Jerry will do a fantatic job for you Bob! GREAT FIND! ~Thor~

Unread 10-15-2001, 09:49 PM   #3
Russ
User

well i am glad you got that holster. the guy that had it lives 1.5 miles from me. he would not split it up for me. and i have got 3 guns from him. it is a nice holster that needs a little work.

russ

Unread 10-16-2001, 01:10 PM   #4
Tracy

Russ: Sorry that the gentlman would not break holster loose for you. Possibility that he was having a very slow day at the Portland show. It did not seem that alot of buying was going on. Are the shows always so small there, as this is the second time that I have been to one? The other was in the National Guard Armoury in June or July I believe. Hang in there you will get one someday also.

Unread 10-16-2001, 05:42 PM   #5
Joe
User

Tracy, that certainly was a great grab for you and at that price. About 5 years ago I bought a 1941 after much haggling over the price of the gun, that came with a military holster. After finally buying the Luger and bringing it home, I looked at the holster, it was a 1935 Dresden in outstanding condition. I have seen in Still book that this holster is one of the rarest. Saw one for sale in a list for $1,000.00, but I do not know what it finally went for. In my case, you sometimes might miss the forest[accessories] because your looking at the trees [Luger].

Unread 10-16-2001, 09:36 PM   #6
mlm

For some inexplicable reason, only 1935 military luger holsters are Dresden Heinchens. The police 1935's are as common as other police holsters but the militaries are as rare as it gets from 1934 - 1942. All the original Dresden 35s I have seen were originally brown but may later have been dyed black. Is yours dyed or original black with the white stitching? There are two ways to repair the pull strap. One is to replace the whole strap and the other is to skive the orig strap and adhere a replacement section with the ball end. Both methods take some real skill and it helps if you are also a ship or scale modeler as you should have the tools and skill. If the lid was restitched in the original holes you are in luck. Have it restitched by a professional like Jerry. Especially, Jerry. In fact, have Jerry do it.

Congratulations.

dave

Unread 10-17-2001, 12:59 PM   #7
Tracy

Holster is original Black with White stiching. I will be sending it to Jerry to see what he suggests.