LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Commercial Lugers

Unread 01-03-2024, 10:25 AM   #21
DonVoigt
User

Thanked 4,347 Times in 2,038 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubs View Post
It is undoubtedly a fake AE pieced together from at least two different pistols and that's a valid point. But, if someone is looking for a reasonably priced 30 caliber shooter, that's not an unreasonable price for one in that condition... assuming that the bore is good.

Mismatched, rough condition shooter Lugers are bringing $1,000 - sometimes more - so an extra $250 for one with a decent finish isn't unreasonable IMO.

The cheapest Luger on the Simpson website is $1,295; a Swiss P'00/'06 with fair bore and looks nowhere near as nice as the subject Luger.

Can the OP do better for $1200? Possibly... if he's lucky. Patience will be required.
In the original post Padre Dan says it is 9mm, I'm not sure what caliber it is- it sure looks like a .30 barrel.

As to value, you are absolutley correct, everyone has an opinion and in the final analysis it is only the buyer who can decide what any Luger pistol is worth.
The following 4 members says Thank You to DonVoigt for your post:
Unread 01-03-2024, 11:03 AM   #22
Padre Dan
User

i first went by the tag the seller had on the pistol as 9mm , it is a 7.65 . 30 luger , i never corrected the seller, i have other .30 lugers and a good bit of the ammo . i am still not a buyer or do i know if it has been sold or not . i doubt the seller is going to reach out with a further counter offer ,so looks like i will not be the buyer . again thanks to each of you for your help.
Padre Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
The following member says Thank You to Padre Dan for your post:
Unread 01-03-2024, 05:57 PM   #23
Dwight Gruber
User

Thanked 1,281 Times in 423 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padre Dan View Post
the bore is very good on it , after he came to 1250.00 on it we have not talked . i do not have the knowledge to know how it was faked or what two different lugers it came from since all the numbers match . could someone enlighten me ? rethinking the purchase , ty
I have seen examples where the receiver extension has been swapped out, utilizing the original barrel and toggle assembly--thus, to a casual or uninformed look, the pistol appears matching. A receiver is only numbered, cryptically, on the underside of the stop lug. This number is then altered, or eliminated. The witness mark may be jiggered to look authentic to the naked eye, close magnification of this can be a sure way to detect the fraud.

--Dwight
Dwight Gruber is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 2 members says Thank You to Dwight Gruber for your post:
Unread 01-03-2024, 08:41 PM   #24
Padre Dan
User

ty, this is what i think was done , in this case
Padre Dan is offline   Reply With Quote