LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Swiss Lugers

Unread 01-15-2007, 06:20 AM   #1
basler40
User

Default 1900/06 Bern from group buy

You may have seen these pics on another board.

Just a few more days and I can bring her home.
I plan to bring this one to the MCSRC Schuetzenfest, May 26, 27.

A few questions:
1) How often do you guys shoot your Swiss?
2) What is the board's consensus of the Lapua/Sako, Finland 1979-81, FMJ, NC/Berdan, 93 gr. Brass cases. from Samco?
3) Is there any real difference in holsters?
The one that arrived is not the one in the photos. The one I got has M49 style straps,a top mag pouch, is darker, roughly the same condition (maybe a few more scratches), and is marked:
G.Lossiger 18 Bern with a [+Sch] cartouche. I'll try to take some pics soon.
I must say the more Swiss leather I see, the more I am impressed with the workmanship of those sadlers.
I also a M1882 holster (1928) and a M82/29 (1945).

basler40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2007, 10:51 AM   #2
Edward Tinker
Super Moderator
Eternal Lifer
LugerForum
Patron

Thanked 4,500 Times in 2,076 Posts

welcome.

I'd think most guys don't shoot their swiss, as most cost upwards of over $2000

Ed
Edward Tinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2007, 08:10 PM   #3
Pete Ebbink
User

Hi Erik,

Your luger photos look like they might be guns from Andrew Zink of CH. Was he the seller ?

I posted the info. below in another discussion a couple of days ago.

Repeating it here so you can see some of the "model" variety of Swiss luger holsters.

I try to get holsters that are dated the same year my lugers are made.

Your two lugers (nice looking ones...BTW) are made in :

Serial # 31244 - made by Bern in 1913 (correction...my typo...1931) when 951 lugers were made.

Serial # 74698 - made by Bern in 1944 when 5800 lugers were made.

BTW...your luger # 31244 has the non-modified trigger side plate. Usually around serial # 27xxx the side plate was redesigned to a type with a tall "island". The finish went from rust blue to salt (dip) blue aroung # 27xxx as well. Is the interior of your luger blued and not "in the white" ???

I shoot all of my Swiss lugers at least one time when I first purchase them...even the expensive collector's pieces. I have 2 Swiss lugers that are shooters and I shoot them 3-4 times per year with 100-200 rounds each time.

I do not reload, so cannot comment on your brass casing question.

Holster info :

Starting at the 12 o'clock postion and rotating clock-wise, the holsters are :

1. 1919-dated commercial.
2. Un-dated commerical.
3. 1941-dated for customs service.
4. Un-dated commerical.
5. Undated M1900/M1906 with unique side pouch added.
6. M1900, 1904-dated Ordnance.
7. M1929, 1937-dated Ordnance.
8. M1906, 1920-dated Ordnance with top pouch added.

Pete Ebbink is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2007, 12:10 AM   #4
basler40
User

Default 1913 Bern

Photos fixed.

Serial # 31244 - made by Bern in 1913 when 951 lugers were made.
This one is mine t'other went to someone else in the group buy.

Your luger photos look like they might be guns from Andrew Zink of CH. Was he the seller ?
Yup. The whole process took about 7 months, and except for the fact that I could hardly contain my self waiting, everything went swimmingly.

Is the interior of your luger blued and not "in the white" ?
Don't know yet. When I get it home, after the PRK's ten day waiting period, I'll check.

Lapua/Sako, Finland 1979-81, FMJ, NC/Berdan, 93 gr.
Sorry for the confusion, I was asking about the performance of the ammo, not just the cases. Anyway I did some searching and it seems to be better than the WW or Fioochi.

Best Regards,
Erik

Geistige Landesverteidigung
Unread 01-16-2007, 12:26 PM   #5
Pete Ebbink
User

Hi Erik,

Can you post details on "MCSRC Schuetzenfest, May 26, 27"...

I assume it may be a Monterey County event...???

Is it open to the public ???

Is there a web site link ???

Re : I bought over 4,000 rounds of the Lapua/Sako ammo when SportsmanGuide.com had it for sale for $ 17/box of 50. I am very pleased with it. I do not see it offered on their web site, anymore.

p.s. I would be interested in knowing which importer/dealer your buyer's group used here in the USA to bring these in. Once you get your luger, could you let us know how they are import stamp, location of stamping, and the size of the stamp letters/numbers. It is always nice to find an importer that would do such stamping "decreetly"...
Unread 01-16-2007, 03:44 PM   #6
minigun
User

Tell me that gorgeous Luger doesn't have the dreaded import stamp!
minigun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2007, 11:21 PM   #7
basler40
User

Default MCSRC Sch�¼tzenfest info

Updated!

Monterey County Swiss Rifle Club & Carmel Gun Club. As far as I know the only Swiss Club 'tween Vancouver and Los Angeles
>>Click here<<
The MCSRC' has an emphasis on shooting rifles, on a 300metre range. Pistols don't alway make the non Sch�¼tzenfest program and there were a number of Medal events that didn't happen last year, but if enough people show interest...
Last year, at the Sch�¼tzenfest, there were about 50 rifle shooters, and if memory serves, about 35 pistol shooters.
It is the real deal!
Scores are submitted to Switzerland! Certificates and medals are awarded!!

From the Carmel Gun Club Feb. 2007 Newsletter
Here is this year's schedule:

Mar 17 -- Vancouver International Match (10 rds for record on the A10 target). Compete for a nice medal from the Swiss Canadian Mountain Range Association from Vancouver, BC. This also will be the Sauschiessen (pig shoot) -- details forthcoming in March newsletter.

Note on the Swiss matches: Swiss shooting tradition also includes pistol, so if that interests you, be sure to bring one along because if time and energy allow we will shoot pistol following the rifle matches.

Apr 21 -- Swiss Shooting Federation (SSV) Einzelwettschiessen (10 rds for record on the A10 target). Compete for a nice medal from the SSV in individual competition.

May 26, 27 -- 3rd Annual MCSRC Sch�¼tzenfest. Feldschloesschenstich/Feldschiessen (18 rounds on the B4 target), John Sutter Historical Shoot (10 rds, A10) and Obligatorisch (20 rds, A5 and B4). Brewery Medal, MCSRC medal and Swiss Army Open Field Shooting medal. No medals will be awarded for Obligatorisch (i.e. mandatory annual Swiss shooting evaluation). [ If I remember correctly, qualifiers get an official card. erik]
Prizes will be awarded for other individual events and combined aggregate score (including Obligatorisch).

Jun 9 -- Canton Ticino Wine Shoot (10 rds, A10) compete for Monterey County wine and other prizes. Come celebrate the Italian Swiss tradition of the Salinas Valley by participating in our 2nd Annual Swiss Wine Shoot and learn about the origins of the Swiss Americans from Canton Ticino.

We would like to get to the point where these matches run like clockwork, so as a start please arrive by 8:00AM on match day, and plan on being registered and ready to go by 9:00. Registration will *close* at 8:30, so please be prompt. Remember that once you get to the freeway offramp, you still have five miles (six Swiss miles) to go, so allow plenty of driving time.
Every non-member who shows up for a match will get his first match free, but then will have to join the {Carmel Gun } club to shoot thereafter {$25. cheap}. We will continue to charge all members range fees at each match. These fees may vary, depending on the match, but plan on at least 15 dollars. If you use club ammo, you will have to pay a nominal fee for that.

Check out the Swiss Clubs and Events page for info on previous MCSRC events & results.

The group by was set up by RockportRifle at the SRDC website he put in alot of time and effort and desevres a hearty 'Well done Sir!'
The importer was LeRoy's Big Valley Gun Works.
As for the stamp, I was told it would be decrete; I'll let youse guys know when I get the old girl home.

The MCSRC shoots are always a fun time, and they can sure cook up some great steaks!!
I hope to see many new shooters in Monterey!
Gute Schuss!
Erik
Unread 01-16-2007, 11:28 PM   #8
Edward Tinker
Super Moderator
Eternal Lifer
LugerForum
Patron

Thanked 4,500 Times in 2,076 Posts

Erik, cool, wish I was "closer", as a thousand and a half miles seperate us

Ed
Author of Veteran Bring Backs Vol I, Vol II, Vol III and Vol IV

Edward Tinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2007, 12:36 PM   #9
Pete Ebbink
User

Erik,

Thanks for the events-info.

If my work schedule allows, I may drop by the May event and bring some Swiss-goodies for show & tell...;