LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Swiss Lugers

Unread 12-25-2006, 09:47 PM   #1
michele alan
User

Default Swiss 1900

My dad's friend showed me a 1900 swiss luger that he'd been given approx. 15 years ago. The gun looked quite good with all matching numbers. The bluing was pretty good with ware in the expected places. The serial number was 3 digits and the gun was a DWM. He also had a very nice holster. However there was no magazine. Were the original magazines numbered?
michele alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2006, 03:08 AM   #2
Dwight Gruber
User

Thanked 1,281 Times in 423 Posts

To my recollection the magazines were wood base, not numbered, but there were polished metal inserts in the sides.

Was this gun military,or commercial? This can be determined by either a Swiss crosss and a cross-over-M stamped on the left receiver (military) or a crown-over-B and a crown-over-U on the left receiver (Commercial). If it is commercial, would it be possible to know the full serial number for the DWM Commercial pistol database I am keeping?

A three-digit 1900 Swiss Luger is a very early Luger, a valuable and significant piece. This brings another question about the magazine. Have you tried to insert a standard Luger magazine, and if so, did it fit? Some of the earliest Lugers were made for a magazine with a very flat follower button. The magazine well in this case is manufactured in such a way that a standard Luger magazine cannot be inserted.

For all of our interest, can you post photographs? The holster would also be of interest.

--Dwight
Dwight Gruber is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2006, 06:19 PM   #3
michele alan
User

The next time I visit I get some pictures. He had no magazine so no effort was made. I will endeavor to obtain the rest of the info you referred to. Thanks for the response.
michele alan is offline   Reply With Quote