LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 04-10-2002, 02:21 PM   #1
Wm. "Pete" Ebbink

Default BATF Ruling on S/S Mitchell Arms Lugers...

Mailed away today to the BATF a request to determine if the BATF woud consider the 1990's era stainless steel lugers by Mitchell Arms for Curio & Relics status.

I approached my discussion on the fact that most of the 1970-1980's Mauser-Interarms lugers made the C&R list, so that same logic should also apply to the S/S lugers by Mitchell Arms since they are out-of-business and these S/S lugers are becoming somewhat "collectible"...

As soon as I receive a reply, I will post the news.

We folks here in CA-State can't touch them for now...unless a local gun shop happens to have one in stock and we do not mind paying FFL dealer prices...We cannot have one shipped from out-of-state, even with a C&R license.

Unread 04-10-2002, 09:48 PM   #2
Dan Clemons
User

Default Re: BATF Ruling on S/S Mitchell Arms Lugers...

To add to what Pete said, California outlawed all guns less than 50 years old that are not on the CA Department of Justice list. Unless you can find another California resident who bought the gun before the law was put in place. By the way, strict California gun laws have not lowered the crime rate. Democrats trying to get re-elected wrote California guns laws. We have a governor who does not believe in 2nd Amendment gives citizens the right to own guns and has instructed his Attorney General to ignore that part of the US constitution.

Dan

Unread 04-12-2002, 08:01 AM   #3
Dok
RIP

Default It just goes to prove....

that the rot sets in from the edges... MA is almost as bad!